• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Who's going to jump ship?

DoT

Hey Guys,
with RTCW2 coming out tommorow I'm guessing a lot of us will be eadger to emerse ourselves in the next great multiplayer shootter. I wondering what will happen to this community?

I thought I wouldn't be touching ET again after ET Quake Wars came out but that turned out to be a flop and I went running back to ET's loving arms. I suspect RTCW2 will be far more sucessful and will cause a fracture in community and hence the end of ET as a viable game due to lack of players.

Is OZ planning on getting a RTCW2 server happening? It would be a shame to have to say good-bye as I've enjoyed playing with you guys and gals.

Anyway if you swap over, I thought it would be nice if could post your RTCW2 alias incase we run into each other in another world.

Cheers

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
Yes -OZ- is moving/coinciding with RTCW2, we will run both a RTCW2 and ET community. Im sure the two won't be that far apart and OZ people may be in both clan/groups ect.. :)

DoT

-OZ-Black Racoon said:
Yes -OZ- is moving/coinciding with RTCW2, we will run both a RTCW2 and ET community. Im sure the two won't be that far apart and OZ people may be in both clan/groups ect.. :)
Nice :cool:

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
If we ever manage to get a large enouge enough community then we will host our own server with STOCK settings, Sk allowed ect.. ect. ect.. Just the game as it is normal no rules :) except maybe hacks :). Other then that Im sure it will attrack the gaming community initially and with a good server and regs we can be no.1 in RTCW2 as well :), shall be hard but im ready to make a stand for it :).

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
It would be nice to get a community out of it, how about multiplayer??? Noone played multiplayer yet? how is it?

Messenjah

The graphics and feel of the single player are better (they used DirectX for sp) but in multiplayer the graphics look gay and the movement is sloppy (they used openGL for mp) =\

G-Train

The whole MP team has been sacked.

Goes to show how good the makers feel the MP is :cry:

Oh well, more ET.....

Lestat

Please do not EVEN call this RTCW2 as it is not,they have called it simply wolfenstein and what a joke THAT is..Quake wars? Yeh and no... Quake War's like with new weaps... (and we all know how well Quake War's did) OG wolf with updated Graphics would have been MUCH better than doing just as QW did... but i guess... it's all about noobs and not real wwII.

i Predict.. at current "fail value" of wolf multi it will have a "free" counterpart soon.

Lewpis

is it true that RTCW2 doesnt even have V chat. if so then thats so stupid V chat is possibly the best thing ever made.

and also is it fast paced like ET or slow and gay like most other games ?