• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Yahoo NBN

Baker Street

ET Moderator
Finally got it and without any of the horror stories I had read about other experiences with the install process. Although the dude I spoke to initially said to just plug the new modem DSL cable straight into my current ADSL line splitter no worries mate. Luckily while I was waiting for the install I checked TPG's site which said this was a big no-no, so that could have led to a fairly frustrating scenario.

TPG promises 43Mbps DL for their mid-range NBN plan but I am actually pulling ~47 and that's ~4x faster than the old ADSL. But the eye-opener is the upload speed - it's faster than my old DL and ~22x the old upload. Plus no more monthly data cap, and no more forking out $45/mth to Telstra for land-line rental that was only used for internet access. And the NBN plan is $10/mth cheaper than the old ADSL plan so woot.

All worth the wait. If it is this good with FTTN, imagine what FTTP would have been be like ...

Last edited:

Baker Street

ET Moderator
er ain't got one - unlimited af data :cool:

edit: I forgot to mention that with an 18 month contract, they throw in the Wifi-5G modem for nix, otherwise $99.

Last edited:

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Dam, thats pretty fine.

I think we are on 1.5 wireless nbn with unlimited for 75, afaik we didn't get much choice. Faster with super small cap or unlimited with adsl2 speeds. humbug

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Yea, wireless is our only choice, even though nearest exchange is only 1.5km away.