• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Fixed PB lag issue? post how u did it!

Antagonist

after coping crazy fps loss and wierd game "shutters" and chucking a few fists into the wall... Mr G Train posted a certain something in game.. which solved all problems for me... and its so simple its scary...

press ctrl + alt + delete. bring up processes.. (not sure what win7 and vista do) click and end both pnkbstr A and pnkbstr B.. removing both of these as running programs, fixed alllllllllllllllllllllllll pb lag problems i was having... worked for me.

now what worked for you!!!!

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
Unfortunately as it may work, we are runnning punkbuster as a zombie atm, so it doesn't care whether u have the clients up or not. Tr y GA with that nd u get booted. We are working on PB process enabled fix as the issue has been identified and just attempting to write a program windows users can run to stop the lag of pb once and for all on all servers :)

Kind regards, Chris

Antagonist

awesome gratz on 1000 posts rofl...

but yeah it works wonders on OZ and until you guys get that sorted is a good solution, especially for ppl with low end computers/connections

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
Antagonist said:
awesome gratz on 1000 posts rofl...

but yeah it works wonders on OZ and until you guys get that sorted is a good solution, especially for ppl with low end computers/connections
I was browsing for simpler solutions to this before I found this weird issue causing it, but in the meanwhile I also came across that other users on other games on WIndows 32 bit are having the exact same issue. But if we can fix this and make a little patch for it. It will fix the problem for a lot of people, and I hope to have it done asap, the dev team, cake and all the testers are working all the time on this issue and the dev team is spending every hour we get on this. So be patient its coming :)

I didn't realize 1000 posts XD Cheers Antag :)

Cheers, BR