• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

fps lag

JoKeR

hey guys the past few days i have been getting really bad fps lag. I had to reinstall et the other day because i couldnt connect to oz. I have the same cfg and same settings and i always make sure that there are no other programmes running at the same time. But im getting this really choppy fps lag. I used to get solid 125 fps but now it seems to go from 125 to 60. On some maps like eagles and fueldump im getting like 30 fps. Is there anything i can test out to fix this problem?

ramendeep

One think i have noticed if you connect to the oz before allowing punkbuster a/b to load it screws up ya fps so maybe wait a few min before logging on to the server so that shiz loads other than that its the connectin to the server as im sure its like me my connection is fine but the route it goes over the ditch is shit

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
Joker it seems odd.. and I also cannot understand why some of you NZers are getting 200+ ping while being stable there is definitely some weird routing issue going on. Please go to command prompt and type in tracert 202.60.82.196 and post it up so we can have a look. Also connect to GA what are your pings and tracert to that ip and hows your fps over there?

Kind Regards, BR

JoKeR

I think it may be something to do with my setup BR cause remember i had to reinstall et and stuff. So its probably not the server.

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
-OZ-JoKeR said:
I think it may be something to do with my setup BR cause remember i had to reinstall et and stuff. So its probably not the server.
After today the "lag" was just a simple client issue.

Love BR.

phatbass

BR DONT MEAN TO POINT OUT STUPIDITY BUT DI YOU ACTUALLY READ WHAT JOKER WROTE HE HAS FPS LAGG AS IN HIS PC IS DOING SOMETHING WIERD HE DIDNT MEAN HIS CONNECTION TO THE SERVER