• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

The Truth About OZ

G

In the past few days a lot has come up within these forums and a lot of drama has happened so how about we the oz members clear up some truths and myths about OZ and its way.

OZ-Clan established in 2007 by BR known as Black Racoon has gone through many roughs and highs of its time. Even though this clan has had many changes in adminship and also the setting of the group dynamics. The loyalities and rules still apply. We are still a clan and we continue to stick by each other. We are far from perfect and we have all made our mistakes in the past. But what is important are the second chances that are given and taken upon as a gift. It is not a right to be given a second chance but an honour and it should not be taken for granted. We are not a perfect clan and i will admit that because the first step in moving forward is in accepting your mistakes and learning from them. We are a clan of many people, from all sorts of life and of all ages. This is an important factor because it is these different ages that hold the balance of right and wrong. It is these ages of maturity that determine how we work together and help each other through those hard times.

I know that many of those reading this may not even care about OZ, but we are a clan and if we respect you enough then you should respect us too. I am aware that a lot of the other servers dislike us. But that is fine because if you can give me another clan that does not have trouble, that have not made mistakes, that dont have rage, that dont protect their own then i will happily ask you to go leave and play on their server. Actually know i will come and find you and buy you anything you want. Because the truth is there is nothing that exist. Perfection does not exist. But we try our hardest and that is enough.

Our recruiting team, Lammy and Lockout - these blokes may have had their bad runs in their past but if our founder can trust the fate of the clan in their hands then i believe them as well. Regardless of what decision they may make on the recruits, at the end of the day if there are two many complaints, too many problems and ourselves can not even work with then then we will not ask them to stay so i wish for all those who do not agree with the judgements made to give the guys a go. Give them a chance and let them have their turn cause it is only far. At the end of the day it is still BR who makes the final decision and he has failed a few apps i can tell you that.

The recurits and members chosen are also part of this family and we work very hard to ensure that things run smoothly so it would be muchly appreciatd that the rules could be followed. Some may say we over strict and over censoring but we are just trying to ensure that things move smoothly. If there are anything you would like to put forward to us we are always welcome to take your ideas and healthily debate it. I know that most members will be happy to meet new people and help some new noobs around. So just voice your help and we will be there.

We will have complaints made and people will be unhappy with certain outcomes but at the end of the day it is about evidence and if you can bring us that then no one can deny you the right of justice. We are a strong and bound together clan and we will not fall to anyone. We will not be defeatd by a few things, it will take much more than that to kill us.

We have had a great bunch of admins pass through this clan and many have made certain changes that will not be forgotten, agree with me or not, agree with them or not - they have made a change and have contributed to this clan in one way or another. So we will show the utmost respect and thank them. Just because they have left now does not mean that the things they have done will be put to waste. They have had some great ideas in the past and they will be continued on.

Help us to help you to build a more user friendly, fun and happy environment with ET. Help us help you and make this place more fun. Less rage and more laughter. Bring on the OZ way. We are only as good as the people who play. We are only as good as the people who make us. And finally we are only as good as the kills you make :)

blusky

Excellent post - it's strange to see you post so seriously =P

OZ is far better and player friendly than it has ever been(well, since i've been playing on OZ). I disagree however with your ideas on praising admins - just because they were an admin. Some were absolutely awful admins.

It's good too see OZ progressing in such a positive way, keep it up.

LOVE BLUSKY XOXOXOOXXO

G

love from blusky makes me smile hahah :p
well its not my fault i love to spam, but i am a girl
lol
i miss shopping too. but thats another thing :)

Joke :D

great post joy. You should put a direct link from the portal page to that post. would be good for new people

G

hahhah pretty sure i mentioned them to you on msn, do i will say no more :)

Reaver

blusky said:
Excellent post - it's strange to see you post so seriously =P

OZ is far better and player friendly than it has ever been(well, since i've been playing on OZ). I disagree however with your ideas on praising admins - just because they were an admin. Some were absolutely awful admins.

It's good too see OZ progressing in such a positive way, keep it up.

LOVE BLUSKY XOXOXOOXXO

Lets stop all this bagging of ex-admins please. Joy made some very valid points yet some people cant just let it go. You got your wish blusky so have a chuckle take the win and move on. Leave the past where it belongs now.

blusky

Reaver said:
Lets stop all this bagging of ex-admins please. Joy made some very valid points yet some people cant just let it go. You got your wish blusky so have a chuckle take the win and move on. Leave the past where it belongs now.
Without feeding the trolls too much...

It's my opinion and my point of view is shared by many.

It's the truth. You shouldn't praise someone just because of their status especially if what they did wasn't good at all. I'll especially bring up what I think about them when they start crap on the forums. I didn't win anything nor did I chuckle when you left - it's not some personal game like you must think.

Reaver

A typical response. I really wouldnt expect much more. Fine you have your opinion so allow me to voice mine. I am only ever going to post on this forum when I see people such as yourself laying your overbearing and self opinionated admin hating tripe on people who have left the game and the clan. You make it sound like everyone hated the admins who left. I seriously doubt that. As BR once said it seems the only time you ever bother to post is when you want to whine about something or you want to tell everyone how much you hate admins. Dude I am asking you to just leave well enough alone. The people you hate so much dont play anymore and dont admin anymore so why is it relevant to keep on throwing up your muck on them. Whats done is done just leave it alone and play your own game.

blusky

Reaver said:
A typical response. I really wouldnt expect much more. Fine you have your opinion so allow me to voice mine. I am only ever going to post on this forum when I see people such as yourself laying your overbearing and self opinionated admin hating tripe on people who have left the game and the clan. You make it sound like everyone hated the admins who left. I seriously doubt that. As BR once said it seems the only time you ever bother to post is when you want to whine about something or you want to tell everyone how much you hate admins. Dude I am asking you to just leave well enough alone. The people you hate so much dont play anymore and dont admin anymore so why is it relevant to keep on throwing up your muck on them. Whats done is done just leave it alone and play your own game.
Ugh, looks like I fed the trolls too much.
The people you hate so much dont play anymore and dont admin anymore so why is it relevant to keep on throwing up your muck on them
The hate from what? My original post that states facts and disagrees with Joy's thoughts about praising admins just because of their status. If you think that it was 'hate' directed at Bullet-Bait, it wasn't - again I was stating facts to argue that OZ IS NOT going down hill and the new recruits and mods AREN'T BAD. Plus he was the one who originally posted.

I post constructive criticism(which should be sought after) - it's not whinging, don't be so ignorant. I also never said that EVERYONE liked that a few admins left, I clearly stated that many would agree with me - not everyone. The so called 'hate' you speak of is myself questioning older admin decisions, nothing more. What's wrong with questioning terrible decisions? As I said before it should be sought after and criticism should be accepted. My original post were simple facts that I have observed from playing on OZ since you guys left. I don't even hate you or any of the other admins that left. Your administration skills were highly questionable though - which is where most of my posts came from. Were they troll posts? No. They were detailed explanations and questions directed at your poor administrating abilities. I don't think i've said anything bad to any of the mods or other admins except for yourself and possibly vampirate - I thought syere was an excellent admin(from what I saw) and bullet-bait was very good too, except he was a little hot headed. Do I complain about the other mods and admins? No. Why? Because they enforce the rules consistently and accurately without personal vendettas, they aren't hotheaded, they don't make emotional illogical decisions and finally because they don't power trip.

This is the last i'll say of this unless a situation arises where such comments are needed. I apologise to Joy for having to reply in this way when the topic started so nicely.

G

It is alright, i understand that there are some things that will take time to heal. No matter what is said about the admins, the truth is we now have to step forward and move on. Whether some decisions were good or bad - i will leave it to you to decide. However, no matter what your stand was on it we have changed because of that. We learn from the bad and we modify the good. It is a cycle that is never ending. So i ask you all to just thank the admins :p under your breathes even if you disagree so we can let go and play the game where killing each other is the key - not attacking :) if only life had as many lives at ET. But then we wouldn't understand the value of life. Life is important and can disappear in a flash, so treasure what you have because every minute spent hating and grudging means minutes to follow without a smile on your dial. You don't want wrinkles guys, so smile and laugh it all away. Cause every minute counts in a world we know so little about.