• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

What do you guys think of the supposed iPhone 4G/whatever?

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: What do you guys think of the supposed iPhone 4G/whateve

erm, for starters I think gizmodo are a bunch of asshats for receiving stolen goods & blogging about it. I think they are bigger asshats for publishing an apple employee's name that was supposedly responsible for "losing said prototype".

The thing got bricked before gizmodo even got their hands on it so they have no content to even talk about.

For the record I wouldn't buy / develop for a closed platform like iphone. I certainly won't be frequenting gizmofo in future.

Closed platform = vendor lockin.

nelots

Don't know about everyone else but my thoughts is that this was a marketing ploy by apple.
I mean what kind of manufacturer would allow their employee to walk out with a prototype let alone let them use it at night during a birthday party at a bar.
Sure there are real world testing of prototypes but they're more likely done during the day under strict guidelines where alcohol isn't consumed.
Gizzymodo was played for some free advertising and consumer feedbacks.

amacide

ET Moderator

nelots said:
Don't know about everyone else but my thoughts is that this was a marketing ploy by apple.
Indeed - Steve Jobs is a marketing genius. Apple have been playing this "leak" game for many years....Free publicity.

-OZ-noobItUp said:
For the record I wouldn't buy / develop for a closed platform like iphone.
+1

Sunncaeks

-OZ-amacide said:
nelots said:
Indeed - Steve Jobs is a marketing genius. Apple have been playing this "leak" game for many years....Free publicity.
Hell, he could slap an Apple logo on a goddamn pile of shit, and people will buy it. Oh wait... He already does. :l

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member

-OZ-amacide said:
[quote="-OZ-noobItUp":1g7oepoa]
For the record I wouldn't buy / develop for a closed platform like iphone.
+1[/quote:1g7oepoa]

Besides, on the iphone there are no pr0ns!