• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

3v3 Pro Comp

PorT3r

Hey, why doesnt OZ make a 6v6 comp

And it will be a serious comp?

Prize money too

Cheers

hammerkrook

Prize money doesn't work when there's too many egos.

Your on Mcbain dream team extreme !

Last edited by a moderator:

PorT3r

Prize money does work.... But gotta get the OZ boys to get it running.... I like 3v3 comp just for shit and giggles haha.. But if people are interested in a serious comp ask around to help each other out and shit...

Cheers

hammerkrook

Having Played in the last money comp all it caused was bitching amongst players/mates, trolls and egos. It actually declined the activity of the community due to the fact that what's the point of playing when two super teams join up and you have no chance of winning. It deters newer players from having a crack and they find it hard organising a team when players dont know each other well. You'll end up with four teams if a money comp was run.

You could have certain rules to stop players from stacking a team but other than that I couldn't see it working.

Joke :D

Having Played in the last money comp all it caused was bitching amongst players/mates, trolls and egos. It actually declined the activity of the community due to the fact that what's the point of playing when two super teams join up and you have no chance of winning. It deters newer players from having a crack and they find it hard organising a team when players dont know each other well. You'll end up with four teams if a money comp was run.

You could have certain rules to stop players from stacking a team but other than that I couldn't see it working.
Exactly, which ended up being the main reason the draft cup idea was born, because it gave everyone of all skill levels a chance to play.

pie

Hi guys. Surely -OZ- can put together at least a couple of teams? No reason why you shouldn't help support the community!

EDIT: Trying to start the comp A.S.A.P. , we've split it into three divisions so you'll (hopefully) be playing against teams that are on your level (whatever that may be). Come chat on #et at irc.gamesurge.net, make an account over at http://www.cybergamer.com.au/pc/et3v3/league/ and apply/create a team!

JoKeR

Nobody in -OZ- will want to play another tournament in ETPRO. Pretty sure Phil is setting up an ETPUB one.

pie

hi pie!

Hi Joke!

JoKeR said:
Nobody in -OZ- will want to play another tournament in ETPRO. Pretty sure Phil is setting up an ETPUB one.
Not sure why this would be ... Anyway etpub is for pub servers. If people like playing ET then why wouldn't they like etpro? It's the standard.

Rainbow

Because ETPro settings mean that you can't throw packs across the map, have harsher spawn times, harder explosive damage, purely objective based (only a few diehards play purely for obj on OZ), and reduced charge time and weapon restrictions (providing a comp config is set).

I personally prefer the competitive environment of ETPro but alot of the OZ regs just wanna chill and roam free (and sit and sit and camp in a corner and wait for someone to run past) LOOKING AT YOU VIG

Love u pi

JoKeR

Aside from ETPRO nerds constantly calling bad players shit, trolling ect, most players that play on -OZ- do so for fun.

You can't really blame most -OZ- regs for not wanting to participate in a tournament with a negative, abusive atmosphere.

I don't think many of the players on OZ frequent these forums, maybe some advertising about the tournament on the server itself would help?

pie

I understand your complaints. However I think they're not complaints about the etpro mod but about competitive gaming itself. Yes people will get a little excited and participate in shit talking and 'trolling'. Yes people will get competitive. Thus is the nature of competition. This would be the same if ET comps where run on ETPub. The fact is that competition involves these things. And all in all I think it's worth enduring (in fact its part of the fun) .

JoKeR I would love for you to be involved in the upcoming 3v3 comp. And I think the rest of CG would too. Anybody who enjoys ET should, trolling or no trolling.

<3 u rainbow

Trigger Happy

I think the reasons that Rainy brought up are the most relevant to players going from pub to pro...The settings we have on our server are going to be vastly different from a competition setting, purely because of the XP save and also the large distances you can throw and kick things around.

Those that would compete in the comp would probably be able to handle the trolling and such, however I think the differences between the mods coupled with the fact that probably half or more of the OZ server haven't ever competed in a scrim could make it a tough sell for people to compete in the CG comp.

If the OZ etpub one does get off the ground and we actually get a good turn out, it could help in reducing the barrier to entry of having an etpro comp later on.

Baby steps :)

Cheers

McBain!!

Tend to agree with Triggs and Rainy. People like Casius and Asch would have no problem with trolling
but things like /kill and the importance of gibbing would take some getting used to.
An ETpub comp with the right settings would probably make the switch to a pro comp a lot easier.

Otherwise it will just be a bloodbath, and they'll hate the experience.

swerve

i think the main problem would be the idea of it being 3v3 as that number of players drastically increases the importance of /killing and watching spawn times etc (one player missing spawn gives a much larger advantage to the other team in 3v3 compared to 6v6).. that being said i think the fact that biggz and pi have split the comp into divisions this time addresses most of the issues raised apart from the obvious jarring switch between mods and server setup. at the same time i think it's a great opportunity for some of the more talented oz players to put their skills to the test and maybe even improve a bit! trigger/joker/silverleader vs the H*S team in div two would be a great match (not to mention the bragging rights when you guys trounce them :D)

pie

Baby steps? The games been out for nigh on 10 years guys. Jesus just suck it up and play the comp!

Trigger Happy

Baby steps? The games been out for nigh on 10 years guys. Jesus just suck it up and play the comp!
Just because something is old doesn't automatically make everyone instantly pro :)
Feel free to try and rally up as many as you can, feel free to start up the discussion on the server (a lot of players aren't on the forums) and you may get a few more to sign up. I'm just giving some background reasoning behind why there may not be many who will bother to compete and listing an alternate path to hopefully get some more competing in the future.

@swerve, that wouldn't be a very functional team I'm afraid!

Cheers