• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Ambient Music.

keith

In the interest of venturing into unknown genres and sound-scapes, I've been interested in expanding into Ambient and/or Minimalist music. I would prefer purely instrumental music, electronic or not it is of no consequence to me. So, yes post the names of any worthwhile artists or pieces fitting my description. Youtube and Myspace links are welcome.

Oh and cross-genre mix stuff, in the vein of Ambient Black metal is also welcome. Just not annotate it as being such when posting.

KThanks.

bloodnut

ET Moderator
It depends what you want. I've got Atmospheric Moods: Rainstorms - The Tears of God, Ocean Music, Wind Chimes and Bells, Bamboo Waterfalls. I've got a few but no links. You'd have to get it from me. Let me know. :) If you want to source them yourself, try AMCOS, Music World Australia, Nature Recordings, Tony O'Connor, Hughes Leisure Group. I'd be happy to upload some if you want. :)

keith

bloodnut said:
It depends what you want. I've got Atmospheric Moods: Rainstorms - The Tears of God, Ocean Music, Wind Chimes and Bells, Bamboo Waterfalls. I've got a few but no links. You'd have to get it from me. Let me know. :) If you want to source them yourself, try AMCOS, Music World Australia, Nature Recordings, Tony O'Connor, Hughes Leisure Group. I'd be happy to upload some if you want. :)
I would very much like to obtain those links. Send me a PM or something, cheers.

Blusky: I don't have any specific examples from within this genre itself, hence the thread, but I would like something which evokes the same sorts of imagery and sounds as this piece by Debussy evokes of the sea:
[youtube:37q1aneh]aTZkn4WRDic[/youtube:37q1aneh]

Notice how the composer captures in sound the reflections and subtle movements of the waves and the sea. But, whereas La Mer is impressionistic/suggestive in nature, I am looking for something for representative of nature and moods, which I feel ambient music would be. Pastoral stuff would be great too.

Lestat

dunno if this is what u mean .. but i like it.

[youtube:2ne53kih]KOex8Xpq6-U[/youtube:2ne53kih]

[youtube:2ne53kih]6Q00HQwO2Sg[/youtube:2ne53kih]

or even Mike Oldfield

[youtube:2ne53kih]pEnYJzU9qcM[/youtube:2ne53kih]

have liked these guys for ages

Sunncaeks

I'm not much into pure Ambient. However, Burzum's latest album was good.
However, I do listen to Ambient Black Metal, Dark Ambient, Neoclassical and Darkwave.
So I can help you out there.

Lustmord and Atrium Carceri are my favourite pure Dark Ambient artists.

Also, listen to;

Elend, Dargaard, Arcana, Dark Sanctuary, Chaostar, Autumn Tears, Artesia, Aythis, In Slaughter Natives, Ophelia's Dream, Amber Asylum and Coph Nia.

But mainly Elend.

Earth's HEX album is great, too.
Also give Karl Sanders a listen.

And as for Atmospheric and Ambient Black Metal.

Wolves in the Throne Room, Amesoeurs, Fen, Altar of Plagues, Woods of Ypres, Weakling, Walknut, Blut aus Nord, Krallice, Drudkh, Darkspace, Lurker of Chalice, Lunar Aurora, Paysage d'Hiver, Nocternity, Urfaust.

Agalloch is also very good, one of my favourites.]

Try Tenhi, also. Great Neofolk.

NYPA, I did this much. Find your own links to albums, discogs, videos, etc.
I may be willing to help you if you add me on MSN though.

EDIT: Also, Apocalyptica is simply Symphonic Heavy Metal. Not much ambient influences in there. Although, they are still amazing, indeed.

Lestat

-OZ-keith said:
Lestat: Those were nice, thanks. Any more stuff like that?
whole albums from those two artists, and i am not sure but perhaps ...

[youtube:169ivf2o]TYJzcUvS_NU[/youtube:169ivf2o]

the original Artists of Electronica...
KARAFTWERK
[youtube:169ivf2o]VXa9tXcMhXQ[/youtube:169ivf2o]

and another of my fav Jean michel Jarree

[youtube:169ivf2o]DBnyjsdK-jI[/youtube:169ivf2o]

and another of Mike Oldfield
[youtube:169ivf2o]PpeNrLVDUyk[/youtube:169ivf2o]