• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Ask and train with a Pro

pedro

Hello

My name is Pedro and i've been playing this game for what seems like forever. If you've never heard of me i will give a brief overview of what i've done in ET;

• Started playing ET for fun with a few mates
  • First competitive clan was an american clan called Serial Killers (how i got my name)
  • Played in TWL (american tournament) team and 1v1 for RWC
  • Started playing in Gamearena Comp for clan 7DS
  • Made my own Team called RWC
  • Joined DOA with lamb, cretin and flip
  • Few years down the road i made a team called AFO
  • Team had no names and finished 2nd in Gamearena
  • AFO disbanded and joined forces with Meadow and Midas in new Cybergamer league (xFx was formed)
  • Later on down the road we won CG money tourny
  • Played for Team Australia in Nations cup (been playing in Team Australia for 2 years now)

As you can see i've been around the ET scene and they list given is just general things over my long ET career. Basically I'm started this thread to allow for newer players the chance to learn. I remember when i first started i would ask Pro's and they wouldn't tell me anything. So post what ever questions you have about the game, config, strats... basically anything you can think of and i will try to answer it. I will also teach and train whoever wants me to.

You can contact me on this forum
xfire:joannides

Enjoy

Pedro

i0nwr1t3r

This is a very good opportunity for all ET players , for all of you who don't know , Pedro is one of the best on the pro circuit & has been for years.
Very generous of you Pedro , I hope to see a lot of interest in this thread & it'll be good for our game. ;)

arabidgypsy

So you're basically training us in the ability of building a "time machine" to send us back 7 years to when this game was active enough to give a shit?

Or I've had one to many cones and it's still 2006 and not 2013

pedro

So you're basically training us in the ability of building a "time machine" to send us back 7 years to when this game was active enough to give a shit?

Don't know why your trying to flame just thought i would help improve the skill level of the pub and the scene. Your telling me people don't have a spare 2 minutes to type or learn something new? People play the game still to have fun and skills learnt in ET can be applied to all FPS games

Overmars

ET Moderator
I'll go first, thanks for the offer.

Simple question - what am I doing wrong? I'm stuck at maximum 35% acc, and around 10 bullets per kill. I'm usually sneaky enough to get the first shot in, but lose out in the end most of the time. I have a decent size list of people I can beat consistently, but can't really get past 1.3 K/D. Most of the time people just say "aim for the head, idiot", but when I do that I consistently miss. I'm not talking about beating Ulti, Joker, Rainy, etc ... but the tier or two down from that would be nice.

A lot would have seen me play enough to know the answer to the question above, so anyone willing to share?

(Yes, I already know that it's because I suck, an idiot, etc, etc. Forget the trolling that this post invites, it's pointless. I've heard it all before. Yes, even that, gutz.)

Bandido

ET Moderator
Impressive offer Pedro. Not sure if you can help the old buggers like me and Bogan. Just the fact that our reaction time and probably our sight just can't compare with all these young fellas. Peptides for Boags may be an advantage tho(Essendon supporter).

McBain!!

You're the most improved player this year Bando imo (well maybe tied with Milhaus)
and I reckon a good start for Boges would be to work on his strafe.

I have a question about visuals once Pedro gets back to Marsy

CowsWithGuns

Administrator
Staff member

If you don't have anything nice to say or meaningful to add to the conversation, GTFO this topic. Any similar trollish posts in this topic will be deleted.

I would like to see what Pedro has to say, might learn something. :)

Joke :D

BR should post his aim-training program that he made. It was his "secret weapon" when we first entered a CG scrim team lul

Bogan

gees and i thought i was the most improved player of the year, ah well back to training with then bots.

pedro

I'll go first, thanks for the offer.

Simple question - what am I doing wrong? I'm stuck at maximum 35% acc, and around 10 bullets per kill. I'm usually sneaky enough to get the first shot in, but lose out in the end most of the time. I have a decent size list of people I can beat consistently, but can't really get past 1.3 K/D. Most of the time people just say "aim for the head, idiot", but when I do that I consistently miss. I'm not talking about beating Ulti, Joker, Rainy, etc ... but the tier or two down from that would be nice.

A lot would have seen me play enough to know the answer to the question above, so anyone willing to share?

(Yes, I already know that it's because I suck, an idiot, etc, etc. Forget the trolling that this post invites, it's pointless. I've heard it all before. Yes, even that, gutz.)
First person so excited. I'll try and reply with great detail when i can so here goes:

Accuracy can be based on anything from hardware all the way to how you hold your mouse (wrist or whole arm movement). 35% accuracy is not bad its actually average and i would say above average so don't be to hard on urself. Its more likely a sensitivity issue. People new to the game just stay with the the default sensitivity the game provides (think its 5) or the listen to someone who is using a sensitivity that works for them. Not all sens work for everyone. I use 2.18 sens others use 3 some even use 3.5. the best sens to start with would be 2 until you find what sensitivity u are. It takes literally 5 minutes max and your accuracy will jump greatly. Basically go to a map that has a flag at a spawn e.g. supply or braundorf. move side to side tracking the flag. if you feel ur mouse movement is to slow increase by .5(if u are on 2 and to slow move to 2.5 etc) we move up in incriments on .5 because anything higher will cause you to over compensate. if to fast obviously move it down by .5. you will soon reach 2 points where moving up or down will make u slower or faster e.g. start at 2 move to 2.5 and becomes to fast. once you have this u just decrease your sens by .1 e.g. 2.5->2.4->2.3 etc until u can stay on the flag for 95% of the time.

2nd bit of question

when i first started people also told me to aim for the head. Lets be honest with the crosshair sizes these days and the small object as a head its bloody hard especially for pro's. We dont always get headshots in a firefight. 3 headshots to the head is a kill. 8 body shots is a kill (changes on etpub due to medics increase health). U want to aim for the upper torso e.g. where shoulders, neck area. this has a greater surface area to aim for plus et hitboxes are weird. when someone crouches u will give them a headshot and when they move side u will be able to track them better. If u headshot someone twice u should get the kill tho. Hopefully this helps. if your confused i will be on teamspeak later tonight and i will help u find ur sens and give u some more guidance

Last edited by a moderator:

Bandido

ET Moderator
@Bainy.Really not too sure about that mate, but thanks anyway, That Silver bLeader has come a long way in the last six or eight months.

Last edited by a moderator:

arabidgypsy

@ mars, you're so kind for trolling yourself. I love you.

@ being pro.

Aiming will only take you so far. Once you hit the 40+ its generally a lotto on pubs against someone on the same level. As for scrims/matches its all about out maneuvering whoever you're playing against. No point having great aim but not being able to get the first shots off. If your wondering why you see people with 50+ acc all the time it's just inflated because of the noobies not moving and being easy targets.

Take Joker for example, he use to spec me all the time. Now he has a very similar playstyle to mine. I know where he is going to be and what he's going to do before he has even done it.

Also no point trying to train any -OZ- members. If they can't take a spawncamping they'll never learn. I actually loved being spawncamped. Made it challenging learn to adapt etc.

tl;dr

Just snort,smoke or inject meth.

Overmars

ET Moderator
Take Joker for example, he use to spec me all the time. Now he has a very similar playstyle to mine. I know where he is going to be and what he's going to do before he has even done it.
Even I know where Joker is going to be, so it's not that hard. It just doesn't help, he kills me anyway, or /kills if he has a nade to the face coming.

arabidgypsy

Refer to my last line then m8.

Reflexes are a little slow. Could do with a pep up.

You can't teach hand-eye coordination.

McBain!!

Hi Pedro,

Not sure if there is a solution, but I've always found it difficult to spot the enemy against the background.
Especially when versing allies.

I spend a lot of time in limbo waiting to respawn and have noticed other players shooting at someone
from across the map, which to me looks like a tiny tiny little blob.

My rez is 1280 x 1024, have changed gamma, upped brightness/contrast and my vision is fine.
Is there some setting(s) that will help?

p.s. I use 100 fov

arabidgypsy

Possible yes, most of the time no.

It's natural for hand-eye coordination/memory to deteriorate with age. Even I can admit that.. I use to have some 50+ binds set up for playing ultima online back in the day. I have no chance in learning/memorising them all now.

Hell I play this game on my laptop now with a $2 wireless mouse with 3 custom binds these days.

Also Mars you might think you're terrible but you have gotten better since those node days. If you want some advice, attack. You and a lot players have the problem of just standing back and waiting on pubs. Best form of defence is attack?