• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Ask and train with a Pro

pedro

How do you clean a razer goliathus mouse pad
Easy to clean mouse pads

Basically wet a tea towel or something of that nature

*********** DON'T USE PAPER TOWEL**************

Using paper towel when wet will just leave u picking off particles from your mousepad for ages

Wet the tea towel and ring it out so that it barely has any water on it

You dont want to use circle motion or press hard on the mouse pad due to cloth pads having a finish on them which will get damaged

Basically lightly move over the areas you need to clean and leave it to dry

Bandido

ET Moderator
All good now my son has fixed it. But I have no cfg and lost admin and all my settings. I0n was trying to help me but the problem was compounded when I down loaded notepad plus plus, I associated it with all my games and stuff and when I tried to open ET, notepad would open up.

i0nwr1t3r

Next time I'll get you to share screens when you install Notepad++ , I've never heard of anyone associating it with all the files on their computer before.

Just a headsup to everyone else , if you are going to use Butchji's config , ask for help setting it up if you need it , bandido rooted his settings just installing without checking he understood what it did 1st.

McBain!!

Next time I'll get you to share screens when you install Notepad++ , I've never heard of anyone associating it with all the files on their computer before.

Just a headsup to everyone else , if you are going to use Butchji's config , ask for help setting it up if you need it , bandido rooted his settings just installing without checking he understood what it did 1st.
If you do f*** it up, just delete your 'profiles' folders under 'etmain 'and 'etpub', which should save you having to reinstall all of ET.
And don't rename it to autoexec.cfg until you know it works properly.

I think its because the cfg is setup for lan only because its labelled QCON, which I'm assuming is QuakeCon (hahaha nerd!!)

But it's great for being able to see better imo

Last edited by a moderator:

pedro

If you do f*** it up, just delete your 'profiles' folders under 'etmain 'and 'etpub', which should save you having to reinstall all of ET.
And don't rename it to autoexec.cfg until you know it works properly.

I think its because the cfg is setup for lan only because its labelled QCON, which I'm assuming is QuakeCon (hahaha nerd!!)

But it's great for being able to see better imo
it was one of the first cfg's i used and its amazing how clear the player models are. your welcome mcbain hopefully i can still hide on the map without u seeing me :)

JoKeR

Half of it is just spectating better players and basically copying them. I used to spec gutz who was all out attack rambo meth head kent. I watched a lot of Prince, Ulti and Blusky and learned stuff from all of them. Too be honest a lot of it is your setup. A gaming mouse along with a decent PC (which is now borked) helped me GREATLY. Over time you will figure out what settings suit you, what sensitivity ect.

Also Pedro it's probably important to mention ingame sensitivity in relation to your gaming mice's dpi setting.

At the end of the day I hate to say it but I think skill is mostly determined by natural talent. The only player I can think of that started out crap and gradually became really skillful was Rainbow. Mind you I've heard the same said about Dongo.

The only advice I've ever given is try and keep your mouse as still and smooth as possible when aiming. Composure is the most important thing in 1 on 1 battles. Keep your crosshair at chest to head level when derping around a map so you are ready if some kent pops around a corner.

pedro

At the end of the day I hate to say it but I think skill is mostly determined by natural talent. The only player I can think of that started out crap and gradually became really skillful was Rainbow
Everyone starts out crap. I started out crap and improved. Midas is probably the only peson i know who hadn't played any FPS and became godly in little under a year even if he does play defensive

i mentioned in game sensitivity in a earlier post however with relation to a mouses DPI u want to use under 800DPI because any higher will create negative acceleration (distance u move on your mousepad is not the distance covered in the game).

I would also recommend changing ur mouse hertz to 500 or 1000

http://www.ngohq.com/news/15043-how-to-increase-usb-sample-rate-in-windows-vista-7-a.html

DON'T USE ABOVE LINK UNLESS YOU HAVE SOME IDEA OF WHAT YOUR DOING

the link has a walkthrough guide so u can just follow along. However i do not take any responsibility for you stuffing up your computer as i warned you in bold

JoKeR

Everyone starts out crap. I started out crap and improved.
Yes, but most people improve fairly rapidly. You can't tell me that you can greatly improve players who've been crap for years. It's a certain cognitive ability mixed with hand-eye co-ordination that determines somebodys potential in FPS games. Some people are able to adapt and react quicker than others naturally.

blusky

list of decent hard mouse mats? as I cannot get the grease and bodily matter out of my razer goliathus after some furious gaming sessions

pedro

Yes, but most people improve fairly rapidly. You can't tell me that you can greatly improve players who've been crap for years. It's a certain cognitive ability mixed with hand-eye co-ordination that determines somebodys potential in FPS games. Some people are able to adapt and react quicker than others naturally.
in other fps games e.g. cs and cod i would say your right 100% due to the fact that u need to be reactive and have great hand eye due to the instant kill factor. In ET there is less of instant kills seeing as 1 headshot doesnt kill a person so u really need to have good reactions. How many ET matches/pubs have u watched where someone gets the first headshot in a fight and dies?? it happens so often this is y the game is so good. Anyone no matter who it is can kill anyone. You can improve players who've been crap for years however how great of an improve are we talking about? shooting 5% better acc? jumping from noob to godlike? i have no doubt that i could train someone who is average at the game and get them above average within a couple of days you could too.

Last edited by a moderator:

JoKeR

What os do you use Pedro? any dpi under 800 with an ingame sens of 2.16 would be mega low on Windows 7 or 8. Do you adjust the windows sens from default?

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
Less aiming more indoor mortard.
Can you believe there was a silver complaining about me setting up a mortar in axis spawn last night on special delivery?

I was clearly demonstrating to those on the server that did not understand about the HW spawn rule!

pedro

What os do you use Pedro? any dpi under 800 with an ingame sens of 2.16 would be mega low on Windows 7 or 8. Do you adjust the windows sens from default?
Im using Windows Vista 64-bit (I know its shit). as for dpi im on 400 (MX518) with an ingame sens of 2.18. My windows sens is on 6/11. I can do a 180 anymore then a 180 in ET is pretty pointless