• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Ask and train with a Pro

arabidgypsy

Should at least unban mortar if you're set up in the enemy spawn. Gotta be pretty fucking stupid not to kill you within 3 seconds of spawning. Oh and flying mg.

I found the mx518 to be the best mouse for my massive brick hands. Went through 3 of them over the years. Tried a few others but nothing came close for me.

bishy

Very modest thread title :p

All players suck when they first play, just like most games.

I didn't improve much at all until I started playing against better players on ETpro servers. I can't see players improving a hell of a lot if they're just on ETpub.

As for helping players improve who have already had this game for 2-3+ years, that's definitely possible and surely another reason for this thread. Learning things that someone has never told them before which may be the reason they never got better in the first place.

I reckon smoothness is a big factor not yet mentioned. Try keeping your crosshair where it should be and not at the floor, and don't be moving it up and down much like I have seen many players do.

Obviously practicing each of the points alot that pedro/others with tell you is the only way to get better. Practice is key.

Last edited by a moderator:

JoKeR

Im using Windows Vista 64-bit (I know its shit). as for dpi im on 400 (MX518) with an ingame sens of 2.18. My windows sens is on 6/11. I can do a 180 anymore then a 180 in ET is pretty pointless
On windows 8 for me with the exact same settings (dpi, ingame and windows) I can barely move the crosshair. Any ideas why?

pedro

On windows 8 for me with the exact same settings (dpi, ingame and windows) I can barely move the crosshair. Any ideas why?
my guess is the usb polling rate. do u know what hertz ur mouse usb port is running? it could be a number of factors really. are u using the same mouse?

JoKeR

my guess is the usb polling rate. do u know what hertz ur mouse usb port is running? it could be a number of factors really. are u using the same mouse?
Same mouse yeah. On the Logitech driver 8.40 software there is only one option for polling rate, and that's 125. Is there a windows polling rate I could change?

McBain!!

I reckon smoothness is a big factor not yet mentioned. Try keeping your crosshair where it should be and not at the floor, and don't be moving it up and down much like I have seen many players do.
Is there any technique or tips to keep the mouse smooth? When I spec the good aimers they seem to be able
to track their target consistently even when surprised or being attacked by multiple people.

I used to think they just used a fairly low sense, but they still seem able to move their mouse very
quickly. Whenever I try it, I get the first couple shots in(sometimes hs) then I'm all over the shop as the
damagekick from being hit knocks me around.

pedro

Uninstalled Logitech drivers. Ran dimr, I'm peaking at 7.60ms and 131HZ :S

Dafuq is there such a huge difference?
yeh u need to go to the link that i posted. u need to change ur mouse herz to 500 or 1000. u will notice ur aim in every fps game will improve

pedro

Is there any technique or tips to keep the mouse smooth? When I spec the good aimers they seem to be able
to track their target consistently even when surprised or being attacked by multiple people.

I used to think they just used a fairly low sense, but they still seem able to move their mouse very
quickly. Whenever I try it, I get the first couple shots in(sometimes hs) then I'm all over the shop as the
damagekick from being hit knocks me around.

Umm i know what your talking about. the best way to control ur aim is to just relax. People when they get surprised shit themselves and then try and aim when the adrenaline is running. The best way to do it is when u play think a player is going to pop out of every corner that way ur never surprised and relaxed. when my aim is shit i try to breath in deeper just to get relaxed.

With mulitiple enemies shooting u if they are one behind the other u want to try and focus on the guy behind because the player behind the first person will be shooting his teammate and will be an easier kill later.

u could try m_pitch 0.015001

in a nut shell its a little bit harder to move off the vertical axis e.g. head height so u will be a little bit more consistant.

inregards to keeping aim constant when getting hit that comes from experience. when u get shot people say there is recoil however i dont feel that there is. i basically keep aiming at the person lol

hope this helped McBain

Ulti

OOOOOO pick me i need tips on how to improve! been years since I've had constructive criticism in this game

pedro

Boges needs all the help he can get maybe a one on one pedro?
thats fine i can do that. Someone else asked me for a one on one but still hasn't gotten back to me. let me know ur availibity so i can work with ur schedule

Zonji

Umm i know what your talking about. the best way to control ur aim is to just relax. People when they get surprised shit themselves and then try and aim when the adrenaline is running. The best way to do it is when u play think a player is going to pop out of every corner that way ur never surprised and relaxed. when my aim is shit i try to breath in deeper just to get relaxed.

u could try m_pitch 0.015001

in a nut shell its a little bit harder to move off the vertical axis e.g. head height so u will be a little bit more consistant.

inregards to keeping aim constant when getting hit that comes from experience. when u get shot people say there is recoil however i dont feel that there is. i basically keep aiming at the person lol

hope this helped McBain

^ this. A thousand times this.

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just noticed in my xfire game launcher before this little gem.

I guess all this proves is you can play this game heaps and heaps and still be sh!te!

noob lyfe!

SubXero

Ultinegs, you're still a pro ;) Hai guys. Easiest way to get better is to play heaps, and take your time aiming as well as learning the basic principles of the game.. And what class you're best at.