• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Ask and train with a Pro

nelots

Hai guys. Easiest way to get better is to play heaps, and take your time aiming as well as learning the basic principles of the game.. And what class you're best at.
NO

I just noticed in my xfire game launcher before this little gem.

I guess all this proves is you can play this game heaps and heaps and still be sh!te!

noob lyfe!
Dear Pedro,

I'm new to this game and have access to this beaut of a mouse:

Care to provide any helpful tips for beginners?

Death_Reincarnated

Interesting thread.

The prime time to play ET is far gone TBH. Now it is just some noobs that try this game and the old schoolers loosing their touch. I myself dont have the panzer aim I used to, while surprisingly my general aim has not deteriorated (yet).

I was out of the scene for about 2 years but began my ET journey back in 2001 on Internode/Optus servers. Man was I crap with the panazer. Always rushed and tended to vapourise myself. Then I learned some skill and began doing some wicked s**t with my trusty panzer (aka B2B, Boob-tube-Betty).

I was never a top shooter but always considered myself well oriented and it was this that improved my skill in this game. There are some better players than me - I admit - but im certain its not mainly because of their aim/strafe skill but mainly to do with the config setup.

This was the only thing I somewhat hated about the game - config setup. Eventually I gave up trying to play this game on default and as they say 'If you can't beat them, join them.'. To this day I use several graphical tweaks that helped me improve my game but nothing in the likes of binding keys and such.

I guess the only question I can ask Pedro is - Do you believe there is a difference between the Thomspon and MP40. I know that apparently both are equal but for some reason my skill feels different when using either weapon. Not sure if its the sound or look or what lol.

D_R out.

Baker Street

ET Moderator
umm this really analytically detailed video might help ?

[video=youtube;Y6eHMVh0myM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6eHMVh0myM[/video]

blusky

Interesting thread.

The prime time to play ET is far gone TBH. Now it is just some noobs that try this game and the old schoolers loosing their touch. I myself dont have the panzer aim I used to, while surprisingly my general aim has not deteriorated (yet).

I was out of the scene for about 2 years but began my ET journey back in 2001 on Internode/Optus servers. Man was I crap with the panazer. Always rushed and tended to vapourise myself. Then I learned some skill and began doing some wicked s**t with my trusty panzer (aka B2B, Boob-tube-Betty).

I was never a top shooter but always considered myself well oriented and it was this that improved my skill in this game. There are some better players than me - I admit - but im certain its not mainly because of their aim/strafe skill but mainly to do with the config setup.

This was the only thing I somewhat hated about the game - config setup. Eventually I gave up trying to play this game on default and as they say 'If you can't beat them, join them.'. To this day I use several graphical tweaks that helped me improve my game but nothing in the likes of binding keys and such.

I guess the only question I can ask Pedro is - Do you believe there is a difference between the Thomspon and MP40. I know that apparently both are equal but for some reason my skill feels different when using either weapon. Not sure if its the sound or look or what lol.

D_R out.

Ulti

lol i love how ppl still continue with the config issue..
One of the best players to play ET in AUS used a default config (bar blood splatter/flash and that shitty default xhair)
and there aint no doubting that ICEMAN34 was clearly a step above the rest..
a config is a slight advantage.. but its your CALMNESS which limits error with your mouse. and its your REACTION TIME which determines how you respond to the situation without those 2 no config will save you....
o and buy yourself a decent mouse... best instant improvement u can make in this game....

and eggs that thing looks scary :S

Last edited by a moderator:

nelots

Probably just self centred with a good slice of ego?
NO, D_R is a self appointed legend of the GAYME!!!

HE HAS ACCOMPLISHED MANY THINGS IN THE PUB SCENE(OF WHICH NOBODY KNOWS TO THIS DAY).
HE HAS MISGUIDED PLENTY ON HIS VERSION OF THE GAYMES MECHANICS & GENERAL LYFE ODDITIES.

ON A SIDE NOTE, HIS PUNCTUATION HAS IMPROVED SO HIS POSTS ARE EASIER TO READ WITHOUT HAVING TO USE VARIOUS FREE ONLINE TRANSLATORS!!!!!!

IN CONCLUSION, THIS PLACE NEEDS MORE DISCUSSIONS ON SOLAR ROLLERS AND DINOSAURS.

pedro

There is a slight difference between the guns even though people say there isnt. The main difference is that the MP40 is slightly more accurate when shooting. Don't why it is but everyone tends to love that gun. It got to the point where in matches/ scrims you would get an mp40 on allied as soon as u killed someone. Plus the gun looks awesome lol