• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

best online shop?

superMINGE

shit those are good temps...Might look into it then if it's worth it. I do plan on pushing the cpu to it's max capacity. Why pay all that money for something that is set to go at a speed well below it's potential??? And I'm getting the Obsidian 800d so that is perfect for watercooling.

are water systems easy to set up?

Antagonist

i use a giant fan which i have placed on the floor.. i even think the fan on my cpu has stopped :S my computer overheats in about 10 minutes if i dont have me superfan on lol

nelots

-OZ-superMINGE said:
are water systems easy to set up?
One word...... No
Two words........ fk NO!
Just need to be nifty with sealing the tubes to the components, hard bit is getting the plates to fit and seal on those nasty gfx cards :S
Also just a note, always remember to turn the pump on before using a water cooled box :)

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
Meh, the way I look at this is only go for water cooling if you can afford to replace the box without massive tears and financial pain.

If you f2 that then stick with good ole' convection (with air)

nelots

-OZ-noobItUp said:
Meh, the way I look at this is only go for water cooling if you can afford to replace the box without massive tears and financial pain.
If you f2 that then stick with good ole' convection (with air)
Pffftt amateurs..... thats what flood/storm insurance is for :D
Anyway, in regards to leaking, generally it wont short the box provided you use distilled water plus coolant and switching the box off immediately to plug the breach.

G-Train

Water cooling is hard to suss, but once you do the gains are phenominal.

tomshardware has some really good tutorials if anyone wants to gives it a go.

Its also hell expensive to setup and maintain.

GL & HF

Overmars

ET Moderator
And if that's the case just upgrade your system and use the water for your garden.

Frogma

pffft, overmars.

As if any of us have the balls to go outside to tend to a garden. I'm scared to even leave my room.