• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

ET version 2.70 (Unofficial)

lithium

http://www.etlegacy.com/

So et's engine was open sourced a few years ago, a few projects started trying to clean up sources, fix bugs, fix security vulnerabilities, add new features etc etc, but most of them have lost momentum. However the link posted above is very active. It started in february this year as a continuation of earlier work. They've said their goal is to clean up et while maintaining 2.60b compatibility. I've just run version '2.70' on oz server without any issues, my system doesn't seem to crash when using rifle grenades anymore (though it was always a random bug, maybe it just didn't happen in two rounds). It also has support for the latest sound servers on linux. Apparently mac support was broken at some point, though it is currently 'in progress' with a developer having it working.

An installer for windows has been created but not available through website downloads as it is still considered incomplete (seems the installer in missing a few icons and they want the installer to be able to import etkey from existing et + install omnibot by default). It should be usable by downloading the installer from git though and then running xP

PB support was partially removed from the sources so efforts have been made to purge it from et. (though i notice the ui still shows enable pb when you first install which doesn't do anything xP).

Yea so seems awesome :D

i0nwr1t3r

Hi Lith ,
Is this an ET Pro only mod, I wasn't sure I read this part correctly.
Given OZ can't add 3rd party settings eg oz mod if it's ET Pro only.

Mod

UI serverbrowser filters non ET:Legacy compatible servers (ETPro & PB)

Nice find , look forward with interest to see how this goes.

lithium

This is not a mod. This is a new version of the program binaries, just like there is et 2.55, et 2.60, et 2.60b etc etc. This is a new version which is called et-legacy 2.70. As said on the page it fixes bugs and security issues, adds some new cvars, support for other languages, uses sdl to be cross platform and fix linux audio issues, has removed ~33% of the code, adds support for ogg vorbis audio format, speed optimizations and the server consol now has colors in its output. Oz's mod runs inside it just like any other mod. Apparently etpro's client did something strange which makes it not work though (server works fine) :S I am not aware of any other mods that do not work. They also have a mod they're working on which i'm fairly certain is also open source. It incorporates additional features which oz may want to look through to see if theres anything you want to pick up for the oz mod :D