• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Expression Of Interest Required - TCE (True Combat Elite)

Would You Like To Experience And Play TCE ?

• Total voters

SkankyMoe

Hello Everyone,

As some of you may have heard, we are preparing to unleash our own dedicated rack server.
The advantage of this will allow us to run more game servers than just our trusty ETPub mod.

In addition to having ETPub we are testing TJmod and ETpro. I have looked at another mod
called TCE (True Combat Elite) its very pretty and a excellent ETmod addon. Its a bit like
counter strike crossed with ET. So Im looking for peoples expression of interest.

I've setup a new server running the TCEmod all you need to do is connect to the new server
and the files required would get auto installed as like with ETPub and others into a folder
called "TCEmod" and the installed size is 450MB including the base maps that come with
the mod, additional custom maps are available and like ET there are lots available.

Here is the home page for TCE http://www.truecombatelite.com/
Check it out, there is lots of screen shots and videos available as well game info.

So in closing, Im asking, is there any interest from our regulars that would like to check
this mod out and come play something different ? Please vote and let me know and I will
provide the server details for those interested to come check it out, I need someone to shoot.

Cheers :cool:

Lucky

Re: Expression Of Interest Required - TCE (True Combat Elite

hmm..TCE lol like counerstrike cool lol how big is the mod download?

Frogma

Thekid said:
hmm..TCE lol like counerstrike cool lol how big is the mod download?
All these questions and more will be answered if you read the original post.

Abolisher

Administrator

i say give it run and see what people think :D

Death_Reincarnated

Is that the Russian style mod for ET? There was one some time ago that came out, it was meant to add new weapons, clothing, maps but it looked russian to me lol.

i0nwr1t3r

Would I like to play TCE?

OMFG Hell YES!!!!

I have this already installed & visually,it's Friggin ORSUM! :)

Skanky,I need server details "Pronto" :)

Oh yeah, "PLEASE"

Messenjah

I voted yes.. but my yes has a condition!

Need some one to download it, burn it onto a disc and mail it to me :D

Trigger Happy

@mess, I'm sure we can find someone here that is on Iprimus, then you could download it for free yeah? Do all ISPs let you get free usage if it is on their own network?

Cheers

nelots

^nah, just give noob the job to personally deliver the cd to mess during business hours.
Noob needs the obvious break from his daily grind at the office :)

lKITl

Last i heard the game's latency was out the window and it's not under dev any more last patch was 2006 i think.
Going from ET to TCE is going to a worse game!

Joke :D

Why would you vote no, if its being put on a different server all together? TJ and Pub and Pro will still be around..

i0nwr1t3r

lKITl said:
Last i heard the game's latency was out the window and it's not under dev any more last patch was 2006 i think.
Going from ET to TCE is going to a worse game!
This what Google search gave me

http://www.truecombatelite.com/tce.php?page=support#sysrequirements

This is to run on a separate server as far as I understand, & there is conjecture about building a 0.50 patch that was being discussed 3-4 weeks ago.

It is optional if you want to play it or you can keep playing ET as usual, if in doubt,let's wait for feedback from the dev team.

Cheers

i0n

Trigger Happy

To clear up any misconceptions, this will be a separate server along with the others we will be putting up.
We have things in the works to have multiple servers up that will accommodate different mods and things and we will soon have more freedom to do what we want with regards to the server very soon. Due to this, skank is throwing out some suggestions of different mods so we can cater to people's tastes. Since we will be able to put up whatever servers we want soon, we will have the freedom to host more and get a feel for what people want. This thread is an EOI to see if we should even bother setting it up, from the feedback it looks like it will be set up and I guess based on how much it is used we will then decide whether we will maintain it and get more involved in personalising the experience.
It is a big download so this may deter people, but if we get enough to trial it and to get on for a few games to see what it is like with some numbers then it might turn out to be good games. Might turn out to be crap too but why not give it a shot if you have the spare bandwidth for the download and a spare couple of hours to play some maps eh? ;)

Cheers

Messenjah

Noob I will meet you for lunch in the city next week. Please bring with you a disc with TCE on it..

Lots of love,
Mess

Death_Reincarnated

Messenjah said:
I voted yes.. but my yes has a condition!

Need some one to download it, burn it onto a disc and mail it to me :D
MAIL?! Does that still work lol? Last I heard was that the stamp prices are meant to increase....by 5c to 60c! NOW HOW ARE WE GOING TO COMMUNICATE...

I might give it a go. :)

Lucky

wow 456MB or close to it lol stuff that no offance :p