• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Games / Fun Night

iconoclasst

Once a week, Once a fortnight, Once a month

Why don't we have a fun / game night occuring regularly and would people see any value in such a night? A night where new or unkown maps can be trialled , we can have the option of panzer wars with low grav or other fun options like double jump.

I personally think 1 night a week would be great. I would expect that one of the "leaders" would need to commit to driving this night. Someone knowledgable to alter settings within the game and play a hosting role, finding out what the players want next or driving a barage of votes to ascertain what the majority of the players want.

I think this would add a light-hearted dimension to our server which seems extra-ordinarily serious at the moment.

I think the success of this night would hinge on it happening every week (same bat-time / same bat-channel) until the information is common knowledge amongst the general ET commnity. The other critical requirement would be the "leader" driving the whole process. I would suggest the leader SHOULD be on TS for this night to facilitate better communication with the players around what the majority wants next.

I would strongly recommend that any night like this be for the majority of the players. Settings and map selections I believe should be voted on by those on the server playing, not imposed.

Trigger Happy

We used to have fun Friday nights whereby we had things like baserace with the fun settings or having sniper maps and panzer wars etc.
Was good fun.

Cheers

iconoclasst

Joke :D said:
or just come onto the fun server seeing as i'm like the only one who uses it :<
That doesn't actually sound like fun but thanks for the offer.

If we have a fun night, you can come and play and have actual fun with other people. Isn't that a better solution?