• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Hunting Heroic Handle

bloodnut

ET Moderator
Hiya. Well, since the hamster on the wheel at my ISP is currently taking a skoob break, and Mat suggested that bloodnut was in Wikipedia, I'd thought I'd google search my nick. After looking through maybe 100 of the 61 400 matches :S I've learnt that it's Australian slang for a redhead with freckles, Julia Gillard, a baseball league in USA and a stoner rock band from Aberdeen, Scotland. There was even some dude on a game hacking site with my handle! Needless to say, there are too many other ppl freakier than me using the nick from social sites to gaming. After 8 odd years I've decided to retire the nick due to it's popularity :( So I'm posting for some suggestions; now's your chance to rename the nut with something hilarious, hinky, weird or extraordinary. I'm leaning towards exsanguinationluva or squidgeybawlz. So start posting! :D

Trigger Happy

Sif give it up after having it for 8 years!
Your handle is who you are, don't become like the aliasers of ET :p
I like your current nick, I say keep it and don't worry what other people have.
Trigger Happy is a massively common nick yet I still use it because that is what I was called when I first started playing the game and kept shooting anything that moved around me - including team mates :p

Cheers

bloodnut

ET Moderator
Nutblood nice... I'm not real keen on changing it after so long, but it's intended meaning, "a nut for blood" has been lost due to external influences :O I'm not even a redhead, and a haxor wif my nick = unacceptable :D The name needs retiring, so keep posting...I want something that's memorable and unique cause I don't wanna eva have to change it again :D

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
F2 to name change. You've always been nuts.

When I named myself noobItUp back before I even played on node, I never intended to keep it, but everyone knows me as noob now so I couldn't possibly rename.

Come to think of it, maybe I should have chosen my name more carefully. EpicCoolGuy or something.

Antagonist

you cant just drop a name dude.. its what ppl entire reputations are build on..... for example I think ill stop using the name Ulti when i play competitive ET, then all of a sudden pro's dont apply for my team and i end up with players like fraggle LOLZ

but yeah f2 to name change.. especially right when ET is on the drip

Bogan

Yeah, i'm thinking about a name change as well, something to match my ET skills,something like" Easy kill" or "Big target Head" or "I can hear you but i'll walk around the corner so you can kill me anyway". Any other suggestions based on my fantastic skills as an ET player?
Cheers Bogan

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
(DRUNK)Bogan said:
"I can hear you but i'll walk around the corner so you can kill me anyway".
Hahahaha. ROFL bogan.

I believe Panzer Magnet is already taken.

What about "Helmet donator"?

Fraggle

bloodnut said:
Hiya. Well, since the hamster on the wheel at my ISP is currently taking a skoob break, and Mat suggested that bloodnut was in Wikipedia, I'd thought I'd google search my nick. After looking through maybe 100 of the 61 400 matches :S I've learnt that it's Australian slang for a redhead with freckles, Julia Gillard, a baseball league in USA and a stoner rock band from Aberdeen, Scotland. There was even some dude on a game hacking site with my handle! Needless to say, there are too many other ppl freakier than me using the nick from social sites to gaming. After 8 odd years I've decided to retire the nick due to it's popularity :( So I'm posting for some suggestions; now's your chance to rename the nut with something hilarious, hinky, weird or extraordinary. I'm leaning towards exsanguinationluva or squidgeybawlz. So start posting! :D
:O im shoked you didnt know bloodnut is slang for a redhead!! Goodness me and you call yourself an ozzie pfftt

bloodnut said:
Nutblood nice... I'm not real keen on changing it after so long, but it's intended meaning, "a nut for blood" has been lost due to external influences :O I'm not even a ranga, and a haxor wif my nick = unacceptable :D The name needs retiring, so keep posting...I want something that's memorable and unique cause I don't wanna eva have to change it again :D
You dont have to be a redhead to be called bloodnut it does help but not essential! However it is essential to be a redhead to use the R term!!
Abit like the N word you can only gat away with using it if you are 1!

Antagonist said:
you cant just drop a name dude.. its what ppl entire reputations are build on..... for example I think ill stop using the name Ulti when i play competitive ET, then all of a sudden pro's dont apply for my team and i end up with players like fraggle LOLZ

but yeah f2 to name change.. especially right when ET is on the drip
Your just jealouse that I havent trashed my name like you have yours :D

I would keep it Nut, it is your identity and you will have to "prove" your ability with your new name where as its a given at the moment, your "Bloodnut"!

Frogma

-OZ-noobItUp said:
Come to think of it, maybe I should have chosen my name more carefully. EpicCoolGuy or something.
Lol yes, you made a fatal error. As for me I was originally Dogma cos it sounded spacey then I briefly became Catma for giggles, then Frogma to continue on my animal theme. I stuck with Frog because I think it sums me up best.

matilda

DerpLyfe
Hahaha, this thread is a big lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm afraid there's no changing of ET names, blood.

Many have tried but few have succeeded!

Speaking of aliases, does anybody have a favourite?

I personally hate mine but I'm kinda stuck with it.

A few good ones:
joker (great colours and love the alternating upper and lower case letters)
stiffy (quite a clever representation of the name hahaha :lol: )
g-train (because you can shorten it to G :lol: :lol: )
overmars (just like it)
hicksy( I mean to say , who would have the guts to name themselves after a guy that was locked up at Gitmo for 5 years and then have it stick as an ET alias!)
fraggle (cute, feminine, catchy but still relevant to the game)

Heaps of others I can't think of at the moment.

Anyways, let's have your views on favourite names.

G-Train

Best name eva was Yippe Kay Yay. I thought it was Psyche, but gutz says it was an old RTCW player.

The fact that he smashed everyone was quite fitting.

God i miss Node.

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
G-Train said:
God i miss Node.
Node was great. I even think back fondly of the namestealer that would connect and go off and try to get the other person kicked by calling kickvotes complaining that you had taken his name. I remember we went a whole round of railgun once with him trying to kick me & the rest of the ppls on the server kept f2'ing (which was rare).

Good times.

JoKeR

I like..

Messenjah
Lt Lamuerte
G-Train
Trac1d
Kain Headshot (one of ulti's i think)
Serenity

There have been heaps of random aliases over the years that have been good ones but i cant remember them.