• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Max fps and maxpackets

blusky

omfg death.

i mean, seriously man........

Please get some sense and stop giving people terrible advice.

Death_Reincarnated said:
At least if you are going to disagree have the courtesy of explaining it.
People try and give you courtesy and explain it to you but you just keep arguing your awful points without listening. Once again you prove to myself, and everyone else, that you have NFI what you're talking about - especially in terms of ET.

Antagonist

lol death.... im not even going to bother..
p.s Fishtanks hes the person you DONT listen to regarding anything, at all, ever.

SkankyMoe

nelots said:
Messenjah said:
Keith beat me to the obvious.
But then I found this little gem
OR if you need to sprint to a location you will end up with an empty magazine...but it saves you holding down one key extra.
Ah you serious death? :\

I was in the process of posting then you two bastards beat me to it :(
Anyway I guess death doesn't know that you can bind two keys to a command and just press shift to sprint.
Oh man you got mad pen skillz aye, it made me lol hard aye, love it, cheers

Sunncaeks

-OZ-SkankyMoe said:
nelots said:
Messenjah said:
Keith beat me to the obvious.
But then I found this little gem
OR if you need to sprint to a location you will end up with an empty magazine...but it saves you holding down one key extra.
Ah you serious death? :\

I was in the process of posting then you two bastards beat me to it :(
Anyway I guess death doesn't know that you can bind two keys to a command and just press shift to sprint.
Yes, we call it the RAGE meme.

nelots

-OZ-SkankyMoe said:
Its the FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU meme but that was so last year so I'll bring you up to date with the new improved meme.

SkankyMoe

nelots said:
-OZ-SkankyMoe said:
Its the FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU meme but that was so last year so I'll bring you up to date with the new improved meme.

The guys at work lol'd hard and deemed this worthy of printing in full colour
and making it a center peice on our important messages pin board at work.

The boss came in to us and says, wtf is that sheet on the pin board, thats gold :lol:

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
Heh, I think everyone would admit to p!ssing the sh!t off the bowl.

Its just good manners really.

How annoying is it when you come across a stubborn turd that refuses to wash away and clings for dear life to the bowl?

SkankyMoe

-OZ-noobItUp said:
How annoying is it when you come across a stubborn turd that refuses to wash away and clings for dear life to the bowl?
I call that POOGUM just like when you step on a peice of chewy, its takes for ever to get it off ya shoes.

Death_Reincarnated

keith said:
Death_Reincarnated said:
Antagonist said:
autoswitch and autoreload is bad.. dont add this to any config ever.
And why is that...because you said so? I can say dont listen to 'antagonist' cos he is <insert some reason>. At least if you are going to disagree have the courtesy of explaining it.
I only see positive things with autoswitch and autoreload...the main one being that it saves you time in not needing to press buttons to switch between your guns or reload magazine.
It's common knowledge, to be honest.

Autoreload is disadvantageous as it leaves you exposed in a fire-fight whilst reloading. It's standard practice to switch to pistol on the depletion of a magazine, something which autoreload makes difficult, or at least discourages.
I see what you mean there but I have to disagree in the general sense. The time it takes to switch weapons and reload are similar (assuming your lv4 weapons and its on a pub server such az OZ). Most players that play 'for fun' are too busy trying to aim at the enemy and dont take notice of the fact that their magazine is empty, when that happens they seek to press the reload button where as you can automatically reload and if there is no more ammo for smg weapon it will switch automatically to pistol. Some of you are looking at this from a "professioanl/hardcore gaming" perspective. I see things from the general view where newcomers would benefit in simple changes.

Some of you are trying too hard to "show off" their leet config skills and miss the point that majority of the changes asked for are aimed at general playing field and its players...not LEET configs for pro gaming. I agre that in a situation where you are lv0 weapons and playing a scrim (for example) you are best with switching weapons rather than reload but this is not (IMO) such a case.

As for all those 'leet' cartoonish pics...that is the kind of drawings i did when I was in preschool.

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
DR, i'm not at all happy with you steering this thread back on topic.

Moe and I had done a nice little job of throwing this off topic and you went and undid all our hard work.

Now, please return us to our topic of "poo stuck to the toilet bowl"

Moe, what food types do you have the most trouble with? I find grog-bogs to be particularly tough to move regardless of what you ate. Maybe it is the beer in there that causes so much defiance?

nelots

Death_Reincarnated said:
I see what you mean there but I have to disagree in the general sense. The time it takes to switch weapons and reload are similar (assuming your lv4 weapons and its on a pub server such az OZ).
Why would you be reloading an already loaded pistol?
Death_Reincarnated said:
Most players that play 'for fun' are too busy trying to aim at the enemy and dont take notice of the fact that their magazine is empty
Maybe disabling autoreload and autoswitch will improve one's awareness which will eventually improve their game play.
Also manually switching your weapons is slightly faster than allowing the cvar to do its job since a little delay is experienced when out of ammo/clips for one weapon.
Death_Reincarnated said:
Some of you are trying too hard to "show off" their leet config skills and miss the point that majority of the changes asked for are aimed at general playing field and its players...not LEET configs for pro gaming. I agre that in a situation where you are lv0 weapons and playing a scrim (for example) you are best with switching weapons rather than reload but this is not (IMO) such a case.
We can also say you're trying too hard to show off your obvious lack of knowledge and miss the point of actually helping players with delusional 'tips.'
The point is it takes time to reload a weapon which will eventually get one killed so the obvious choice is to switch to pistol to finish the job before reloading.
Death_Reincarnated said:
As for all those 'leet' cartoonish pics...that is the kind of drawings i did when I was in preschool.

-OZ-SkankyMoe said:
I call that POOGUM just like when you step on a peice of chewy, its takes for ever to get it off ya shoes.
Learn to moonwalk, randoms will be like "AWESOME" while you leave a Poogum trail.

@noob - I find a squeeze of toilet duck will prevent clingers, also helps if you have an on-call cleaner at your disposal!!! :)

SkankyMoe

-OZ-noobItUp said:
Now, please return us to our topic of "poo stuck to the toilet bowl"
I played golf with some mates a couple of weeks ago and hate golf, here's a pic of me rage quiting on hole 7.

-OZ-noobItUp said:
Moe, what food types do you have the most trouble with?
I had home made risole burgers BBQ'd for dinner with beers last Sunday night.
This was Monday mornings burger/beer bog I left in the loo for the boys at work.
In hind sight, it would have made for a orsum kanga, yah just cant predict these things.

I'll be having musaman beef this weekend, that usualy comes out wrong, will post pics this weekend for your pleasure :twisted:

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cheekz, are you suggesting that I take a precautionary squirt of toilet duck before I do my business to prevent POOGUM?

Not sure how practical that is, because I have no control over other ppls pooing / toilet duck application in a work situation.

blusky

Leave a trusty bottle of white king next to the toilet.

*waits for death's awful attempt at a counter argument*

-OZ-SkankyMoe said:
I played golf with some mates a couple of weeks ago and hate golf, here's a pic of me rage quiting on hole 7

Death_Reincarnated

nelots said:
Death_Reincarnated said:
I see what you mean there but I have to disagree in the general sense. The time it takes to switch weapons and reload are similar (assuming your lv4 weapons and its on a pub server such az OZ).
How about 8 VS 30 bullets??? Plus generally players on pub don't switch to pistol in a fight because they are not that kind of players. This is where I have focused my advice...not for a pro skill level...and its not me who has missed the point since the situation calls for advice for general players level!

nelots said:
Death_Reincarnated said:
Most players that play 'for fun' are too busy trying to aim at the enemy and dont take notice of the fact that their magazine is empty
Maybe disabling autoreload and autoswitch will improve one's awareness which will eventually improve their game play.
Also manually switching your weapons is slightly faster than allowing the cvar to do its job since a little delay is experienced when out of ammo/clips for one weapon.
First improve your aiming skills so you dont need to switch weapons...then worry about switching weapons...best way to take out the enemy is not needing to have to switch weapons at all. The reason why alot of the leet configs are put in place is to minimze keystrokes used, so what you are suggesting is now to manually switch weapons (by pressing an extra button)???

nelots said:
Death_Reincarnated said:
We can also say you're trying too hard to show off your obvious lack of knowledge and miss the point of actually helping players with delusional 'tips.'
The point is it takes time to reload a weapon which will eventually get one killed so the obvious choice is to switch to pistol to finish the job before reloading.
Yes I know the obvious choice would be to switch weapons BUT for what situation??? Somewho who wants to play profesionally or on pub servers??? Watching majority of players on pub servers and they reload rather than switch, so what would be better...pressing an extra keystroke or automatically doing it? It is personal preference and when you do learn to switch weapons you do it before you run out of ammo, hence my point is valid in its own right. AS for me showing off...pfff yes I am the one who is posting some leet config changes...all I have given were few simple changes I have made to make my gameplay easier..it has worked for me after all. Generaly I would reload even if I have shot few bullets to have a full magazine so autoreload doesnt come into effect but in some cases when it does then im better off rather than needing to press another button.

SkankyMoe

Death_Reincarnated said:
nelots said:
[quote="Death_Reincarnated":2kmlepig]I see what you mean there but I have to disagree in the general sense. The time it takes to switch weapons and reload are similar (assuming your lv4 weapons and its on a pub server such az OZ).
How about 8 VS 30 bullets??? Plus generally players on pub don't switch to pistol in a fight because they are not that kind of players. This is where I have focused my advice...not for a pro skill level...and its not me who has missed the point since the situation calls for advice for general players level!

nelots said:
Death_Reincarnated said:
First improve your aiming skills so you dont need to switch weapons...then worry about switching weapons...best way to take out the enemy is not needing to have to switch weapons at all. The reason why alot of the leet configs are put in place is to minimze keystrokes used, so what you are suggesting is now to manually switch weapons (by pressing an extra button)???

nelots said:
Death_Reincarnated said:
Yes I know the obvious choice would be to switch weapons BUT for what situation??? Somewho who wants to play profesionally or on pub servers??? Watching majority of players on pub servers and they reload rather than switch, so what would be better...pressing an extra keystroke or automatically doing it? It is personal preference and when you do learn to switch weapons you do it before you run out of ammo, hence my point is valid in its own right. AS for me showing off...pfff yes I am the one who is posting some leet config changes...all I have given were few simple changes I have made to make my gameplay easier..it has worked for me after all. Generaly I would reload even if I have shot few bullets to have a full magazine so autoreload doesnt come into effect but in some cases when it does then im better off rather than needing to press another button.[/quote:2kmlepig]

Thats way too much shit to read, dont make it epic,
keep it simple or I will be forced to unleash my forum ninja.