• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Namestealer

Thundercracker

I only just noticed this thread by chance; the rumour has already done its intended damage, but for what it's worth...

Following are some successive screenshots inside my etpro folder (there are 2 screenies and I put them in a zip file):

Filename: 2006-11-28-194630-oasis and 2006-11-28-194632-oasis respectively
Folder: Etpro

http://www.mediafire.com/?s9n9eqo78ecib14

Unfortunately the oldest screenshots I have are from 2006 because around that time my hard disk drive failed. I've kept all my screenshots as I changed computers etc. since. So, that forum thread is dated Dec. 2006. These screenshots are very close to that time. It seems very clear the reason I took the screenshot is because of the pretzeled guy (because it's funny), but there are a few things to note. First my name is as you see it now and it is not [Thundercracker*] (as is specifically stated in the thread), neither is it =>7TS<=Thunder*. In fact, in these pictures you can see my name AND =>7TS<=Thunder*. In this case, if he were the offender of the grievous crime (not sure what this namestealer did but it must have been pretty bad given the reception from the ET community), you can see it wasn't me. Other things to note is biggz' random chat message. Maybe you can shed some light? :)

I have never claimed to be Thundercracker from SD so i'm not sure what the big deal is. I did meet him once on the GA public servers and he didn't seem fazed. We were both just a little confused and surprised. We just asked each other how long each of us had used the name. All I remember is that I told him that I had mine since ETtest and that was much longer than he had been using the name. It was just a coincidence. I believe he also commented on the colours I used.

I have plenty more screenshots of the good old times and I was planning on sharing them. It was about this time that I would have shared them but I changed my mind because of several recent events. I had made the choice to leave the ET community (if that's a word that fits?). I only chanced upon this thread because I was finally able to contact Lessmen by email and I wanted to send him the El Guapo thread which is a thread in "the general hall".