• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

news flash, skank got a new keyboard

gemanix

the only two things going for advanced keyboards is that they can handle any number of simulataneous key presses, which some cheap keyboards struggle with, and they have a switch for turning off the windows key (which seems to always get hit accidentally, minimising the game).

i have g15 (version 1) with double the macro keys (that i never use) and an lcd screen (which i also never use). overall, an expensive keyboard is like a big mac; it tastes good at first but leaves you with buyers remorse. if you think buying one of these things will improve your game, buy an expensive mouse pad instead.

ps. sorry to steal your thunder

Inglourious Basterd

I hope you have a very healthy and loving relationship with your new keyboard Skank, congrats.

gemanix said:
overall, an expensive keyboard is like a big mac; it tastes good at first but leaves you with buyers remorse. if you think buying one of these things will improve your game, buy an expensive mouse pad instead.
OMG! WHO THE BOBBLA IS THIS WISE MAN?

IS THAT YOU YODA?

gemanix said:
ps. sorry to steal your thunder
Just lol

nelots

gemanix said:
they have a switch for turning off the windows key (which seems to always get hit accidentally, minimising the game).
I used my swiss army knife and macguyvered my keyboard so that theres no more windows keys thus won't need those fancy locks, my next project is to mount this damn casio lcd screen.

Generic keyboard ftw!

phatbass

LOL CHEEKZ I HAVE A SCREEN IN MY ROOF AND A MOUSE PAD HELD WITH MAGNETS SO I CAN GET MY GAME ON WHILE LAYING DOWN SLEEPING LMFAO

The Admiral

I'd want the mouse held by magnets too. It'd get pretty tiring having to hold the mouse onto the surface instead of just moving it.

nelots

phatbass said:
LOL CHEEKZ I HAVE A SCREEN IN MY ROOF AND A MOUSE PAD HELD WITH MAGNETS SO I CAN GET MY GAME ON WHILE LAYING DOWN SLEEPING LMFAO
NO WONDER YOU CALL YOURSELF PHATASS!!! :D
SO WITH THAT OBVIOUS BONDAGE CONTRAPTION....... WHERE DOES THE MISSES GO?
AND DO YOU CUFF OR STRAPS??? I WAS THINKING TO MACGUYVER SOME WITH SHOE LACES BUT THEN IT SOUNDS TOO COMPLICATED.

G-Train

overall, an expensive keyboard is like a big mac; it tastes good at first but leaves you with buyers remorse. if you think buying one of these things will improve your game, buy an expensive mouse pad instead.
Too true, i have a G15 and only use the LCD for the clock and have never bothered to program the G keys.....

The multikey input is only really usefull for TJ'ing.

Mousepad and expensive seems like an oxymoron.

Desktop + Spray n Wipe ftw.

SkankyMoe

G-Train said:
Too true, i have a G15 and only use the LCD for the clock and have never bothered to program the G keys.....
Anyone with a G15 should be running LCD Miscellany mod, this provieds system stats, download stats, vent status of whos talking very handy.

http://www.g15mods.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1108
AND
http://www.g15forums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3957

The G macro's are handy for common in console commands.
Like I hit G1 and console comes down with /m <- ready to send pm
G2 macro brings down console sends !listplayers and closes console all with 1 button
You can make anything for in game commands with G Keya Macros so handy

gemanix

a good mousepad goes a long way. it was a significant game improver for me. might have just been the type of desk i had :/

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
First link talks about a g19 but it works for the g15 yeah?

And second link you need an account :(

SiiK.AiM+

Nice keyboard, I still have the shit keyboard that came with my pc, havent been bothered to change it.
Its done alright for me so far.

Inglourious Basterd

G-Train said:
Desktop + Spray n Wipe ftw.
Ha, yea I have a pull-out locking wooden thingamajig for my logitech multimedia keyboard
and my logitech MX518 mouse. I use A4 paper for a mouse pad, I fold it at the edge facing
me to help hold it in place, also 1/5th of it is under my keyboard for extra stability, Its also
recyclable and very inexpensive. The downside to using a pull-out thingamabob is
movement restriction, I only have about 4/5ths of A4 paper (approx 225mm's) side to side
movement. (not great for low sense) The good thing about it is that its low enough to game
comfortably in my armchair. I even have a low foot-stool under the desk for extra comfort :D

gemanix said:
a good mousepad goes a long way. it was a significant game improver for me. might have just been the type of desk i had :/
Hmmm, might have to try a real mousepad someday. :|