• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Ask and train with a Pro

pedro

Hi Pedro,

Not sure if there is a solution, but I've always found it difficult to spot the enemy against the background.
Especially when versing allies.

I spend a lot of time in limbo waiting to respawn and have noticed other players shooting at someone
from across the map, which to me looks like a tiny tiny little blob.

My rez is 1280 x 1024, have changed gamma, upped brightness/contrast and my vision is fine.
Is there some setting(s) that will help?

p.s. I use 100 fov
Every ET player has problems with seeing players from across the map. im not going to tell you to change fov etc because thats personal preference.

julieng10.free.fr/Enemy%20Territory/CFG/ET/butchji.rar

The config i posted above is probably the best one ive used in terms of seeing people on maps etc. if you like it just copy his settings and transfer it to your config. Hope this helps

pedro

6 year olds - 60 year olds and also spent some time teaching people with disabilities in netball and cricket

Rainbow

Tips on rifling -
Is it just prac?
Im a slave to the SMG, using a rifle actually makes me want to kill myself, seems so inaccurate and lotto, yet when I watch good riflers the damage output and rate of kill is better than any other class (save 5 man spams)

arabidgypsy

6-60 is not an average.

Don't take this the wrong way, I use to teach newbies back on Optus. After many many years of seeing people come and go I have determined that 5% is in the config and set-up. The other 95% is purely the person behind the screen and there twitch skills.

Some people were lucky enough to play this game in its prime along with rtcw and q3. You'll find that most of the pro's have come from some sort of background in those 2 games. ( the old pro's) NFI who you are although I do remember 7ds and the other couple teams it had set up once upon a time.

pedro

6-60 is not an average.

Don't take this the wrong way, I use to teach newbies back on Optus. After many many years of seeing people come and go I have determined that 5% is in the config and set-up. The other 95% is purely the person behind the screen and there twitch skills.

Some people were lucky enough to play this game in its prime along with rtcw and q3. You'll find that most of the pro's have come from some sort of background in those 2 games. ( the old pro's) NFI who you are although I do remember 7ds and the other couple teams it had set up once upon a time.

it changes every every week so i decided to give u a range of what a teach. sorry it wasn't to your liking. That's fine everyone is entitle to their own opinion. I would say config and set-up is at a higher percentage then you have it these days because of hardware improvements over the years. Reaction time is less important these days then it was back in the day when this game was active purely because aim has dropped over and there emphasis on position now. You will find now that the oldschool pro's who were playing competitively had aim rather than brain exception being "haste".

http://www.gamestv.org/event/32731-xfx-esports-vs-the-woodducks/
http://www.gamestv.org/event/28858-fast-five-vs-xfx-esports/

Both show oldschool vs new school. Your first reaction will be well the oldschool guys haven't played in years however for both games they scrimmed against teams for a couple of weeks so they had their skill back but just got massively outplayed. Watch the replays and you will see what i mean.

I miss Optus servers. they were the best

pedro

Tips on rifling -
Is it just prac?
Im a slave to the SMG, using a rifle actually makes me want to kill myself, seems so inaccurate and lotto, yet when I watch good riflers the damage output and rate of kill is better than any other class (save 5 man spams)
Jelly that i was dominating last night with it Rainbow :)

Rifle is a tricky one. If you ever watched Midas, hammer or stompy (back in xFx when midas was shit. he cheater now), forty, ders they all had different play styles but they all aimed at the same spot. With hitting bullets with rnade u want to aim at the chest and the recoil will do the rest. When your shooting long range you want to jump crouch because recoil is reduced a tiny bit.

Long range = Jump crouch + aim at waist
Close -> mid range = aim at chest

With rnade you can be more conservative in your approach. In xFx and team Aus midas basically sits back and gets pick offs and only ever pushes when spawn time is between 5-10 of our spawn. Watch Stompy demos of old xFx/ Team 7 where he was rifle. He was the best in Australia at the time and was probably 4th or 5th best in the world at that stage

Rainbow

Jelly that i was dominating last night with it Rainbow :)

With rnade you can be more conservative in your approach.
Yeah that's probably my problem rofl
By any chance, is rifle (no nade) damage more on ETPro than OZ settings, disregard medic hp buff?

pedro

Yeah that's probably my problem rofl
By any chance, is rifle (no nade) damage more on ETPro than OZ settings, disregard medic hp buff?
wouldn't have any idea on damage ratios for different weapons. But it should still be 3 body hits for a kill disregarding the medic buff. With the medic buff it wouldn't be more then 4

arabidgypsy

Pretty sure mo* were a lot better at position/teamwork thing then aiming. Had the pleasure of getting cut the fuck down many times back when they were scrimming non stop for quakecon.

pedro

Pretty sure mo* were a lot better at position/teamwork thing then aiming. Had the pleasure of getting cut the fuck down many times back when they were scrimming non stop for quakecon.

mo* was clearly the best team out during that stage in Australia and some of them formed woodducks as ur aware however i did say "now" not back 2005. I do agree that mo* were fucking good but the thinking patterns of today's players has changed greatly in that u could get away with being better aimers than the other team however better team work would win out e.g. mo*. Take Adversus all aim no brain semi rambo vs mo* who had same aiming skills but 10x better teamwork and its obvious why they won against them nearly all the time.

McBain!!

Every ET player has problems with seeing players from across the map. im not going to tell you to change fov etc because thats personal preference.

The config i posted above is probably the best one ive used in terms of seeing people on maps etc. if you like it just copy his settings and transfer it to your config. Hope this helps
Helped heaps, thanks mate!

Bandido

ET Moderator

Make sure you know what your doing before installing, I don't and it has caused heaps of grief. Can't play ET now:(