• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Auto Shuffle at Warmup?

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
ATB... Increase Spawn... What if another simpler solution.. although it may not be a proper solutoin it keeps things fair without any input from us as well.

Shuffling the players as soon as the map starts during warmup at the begginning. People can get a taste of both teams and it will make stacking just a fraction harder for those who were stacked the map before. How about it? No mid map moving just at the begginning you get moved to a team.

Cheers, BR

blusky

IMO a better idea would be : Let mods and admins !shuffle whenever they see teams as soopah uneven.

i0nwr1t3r

I was thinking that a shuffle should be right at the end of warm-up so if you are going to move to spec it won't effect the outcome of the shuffle.

This could also be implemented when new maps are placed on server as you would all be aware many teams become unbalanced because of map d/l's & ppl don't rejoin to see what map looks like or because disproportionate numbers / K/D's (if in doubt,put a new map on server & watch teams at start of map).

Cheers

i0n

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
I doubt I would like it (just because I like to play allies mostly). But I agree its likely to resolve the situations where axis becomes staxis.

amacide

ET Moderator
-OZ-Black Racoon said:
Shuffling the players as soon as the map starts during warmup at the begginning.
You can try this easily... Edit the default.cfg file in your custom map config directory - at the bottom of this file add:

!shuffle

It's not ideal as it doesn't shuffle during warmup... Instead at the start of each map (straight after warmup) it will do !shuffle

Not perfect but thought I'd mention it anyway.

Cheers.

Death_Reincarnated

Increase warmup time so it gives players time/chance to go spec and admins to !shuffle before thegame commences. I don't think we should shuffle every new map as this will frustrate players for sure. Perhaps every few maps, but trial it and see what playes think of it..otherwise stick to adminds !shuffling when required.

Joke :D

Death_Reincarnated said:
. I don't think we should shuffle every new map as this will frustrate players for sure. .
yeah maybe an auto shuffle every 4 maps or so, something like what GA7 does except without the campaign