• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Can't play on OZ due to elstra

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
Every time I connect now the game lags out. I connect other servers and can play - sometimes. Telstra I think have over subscribed the exchange and I have logged a ticket. Who thought life could be so hard? Sometimes the ping goes through the roof, sometimes its ok, sometimes I just get lag spikes. On ADSL2 only 800m from the exchange too.

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Could you please run a tracert to the server and post your result? Perhaps you have a bad hop.

TopCAt!

Also check your cat5/6 isnt bend too sharply. Because signal electrons travel at 2/3rd the speed of light, What happens is on sharp bends the packets cant turn quick enough and spin out of the cable. Thats where the term packet loss comes from

matilda

DerpLyfe
Horie, we've all been having problems lately.
Most people are getting a stack of red spikes on the lagometer at the same time.

I had cows reboot the server one night but it didn't fix anything.

If fernie or phill see this message is there anything that could be investigated at the server end?
Thanks.

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
No one else using it. tracert shows that after jump 17 I get complete loss with request time outs.

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
Spoke to Telstra after lodging a complaint - they are updating the exchange - service will suck until the end of September. At least I know it isnt my end I guess but until then I am unable to play ET.

TopCAt!

Spoke to Telstra after lodging a complaint - they are updating the exchange - service will suck until the end of September. At least I know it isnt my end I guess but until then I am unable to play ET.
And then at the end of september they cut it off haha
Hopefully they fix it though, ET has a relatively low requirement bandwidth wise

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well it totally binds up and I can't play - the game goes to quite literally 1fps. I have tried other servers and they arent as bad - guess we will see what happens at the end of next month.

TopCAt!

If your pc is ok on one server and shit on the next it can only be the connection
eg mine flies on pings under 150, virtually no lag
above that enter the matrix

Ulti

i dont know.. i used to play the american servers all the time F|A specifically sitting @ 300 ping.. and it was far more stable the OZ, just had to get used to that real short delay...#perfpinglyfe