• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

(Drunk)Bogan sucks at ET

Bogan

G'day all ,most of you blokes probably have noticed me over the last couple of months,i have had a big knee op and i play ET a fair bit ,but i still suck after quite a few years(used to play on the game arena server for a long time till i found this great server), can any one help me with my settings at all , i don't think it will help too much but it might get me one extra kill during one game ha. Cheers Bogan

Bogan

Is that a configuration? i'm not too computer literate,so please explain.Cheers Bogan

Bogan

Thanks Hicksy,If i download this will it auto install?as i said i suck on the puter too.Cheers bogan

matilda

DerpLyfe
If that's your real age, Bogan, then, speaking from experience, there's no hope for ya! :twisted:

Bogan

Yes mate that's my real age,my youngest son got me hooked on this frustrating game years ago and i cant quit it,my missus hates it ,im totally addicted

Nico.

that program will make u a cfg (config) with all the settings you want..

you then place the cfg file in

C drive > wolfenstein enemy territory > etmain

and then in game type in console /exec autoexec.cfg

then /vid_restart

(if the program calls it config.cfg for example you would do /exec config.cfg in game
but it will most likely call it autoexec.cfg)

Bogan

Cool thanks nicco,as usual i will get my son to do it for me,thanks again
cheers Bogan

Bogan

Well thanks Trigger happy, i'm glad i brighten up your ET playing experience.
Cheers Bogan

G-Train

Yeah, one of the few blokes that i dont mind being tk'd by :lol:

Ask one of the lads to send u their cfg, no point reinventing the wheel.

Unfortunately, Rainbow holds the copyright for my cfg so cant help you there... :p

Myther

Hey Bogan,

Good to see you on the forums.. you probably post more than me :p. I'd say that your config's not going to be your biggest help. Mess might disagree, but you might find it more fun to see where the choke points are and just get AE damage weapons to spam into the point... if you're looking for more kills - ie. nading is a good start (Click and hold for 3 clicks, then throw it 30 degrees higher than where you want to shoot at - or close to a door.) or easier yet, get an rnade/panzer shoot it at the floor just outside the door on the other side. You can try mortar, but that really takes skill.

Apart from that, I'd say you'd need to find some nice spots in some maps to just put your cursor on where the heads of the enemies are bound to appear and just shoot on sight. Running forward into choke points is probably not going to earn you many kills. Spec some people like G-train, Mess, nico, hicksie or even Horry. They generally do have some good examples of good things you can do for some simple kills (ie spots where they normally lob nades, angles which they shoot rnades, places they HIDE to backrage me... etc.etc. all good fun.)

Hope that helps.

Myther

Bogan

A big thanks for all the help from you blokes all taken on board,and i hope to kill a lot more of you soon LOL,Cheers Bogan

Antagonist

also a good gaming mouse will see you improve 10 fold as well....
ill assure you its worth the money..
logitech or razor are the way to go