• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Enemy Territory on 3 screens - Eyefinity

Tyrian

Got myself a Radeon 7870 on the weekend & wanted to give the Eyefinity a go. Wont go into too many details as I'm a bit pressed for time but here is the results:

Resolution is 5040 x 1050. Screens are 2 1680x1050 22"s & the main is 1920x1080 27". Eyefinity needs to have the same resolution across all panels so the 27" is also at 1680x1050 in Eyefinity mode. in ET, the OSD is extremely stretched but at least the FOV adjustment (cg_fov 148.982 thanks to Thundercracker!) makes it playable.

It is a bit of a wank & wont be playing like this normally but definately has some boner factor =P

Am uploading some vids at the moment which really shows the whole experience, in the mean time here's some crappy pics from my phone!

ET - Eyefinity.jpg

[video=youtube_share;DEcp4A1SmzM]http://youtu.be/DEcp4A1SmzM[/video]

Games that support the Eyefinity resolutions natively look awesome: Crysis 2

Crysis 2 Eyefinity.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Joke :D

jeez man i wish i had that much money for a computer!

Looks sick, who cares if its a wank, I'd definately play with 3 screens all the time!

G-Train

Yeah my boss just got the 6 screen eyefinity setup. Sexiest bit of kit ive seen in ages. I was gettin whiplash playin crysis :D

Oh and a boner, a big mother fkn boner!

Tyrian

Maxfps is set to 125 which is what it sits at. There are a few brief moments where it does drop to around 90 but its pretty solid. Using a config which is maxing all graphic details so quality is 100% hence the heavy damage blood splatter.
Need to investigate how to change the OSD icons so they arent stretched as well as the menu. Repositioning the ammo/health indicators to the middle screen would be beneficial also.

Thundercracker

Thunderhacker not Thundercracker
Looks great, well done. Give us all your FPS secrets :)
If anyone else wants to do some crazy custom res like 16:3.33333 I can help with the fov calculation. Just abuse me on the server and i'll oblige
Are we learning yet noobitup?

Tyrian

Ahhh you checked out my other vids! Thanks mate, I don't get to ride as much as I used to so am just a weekend warrior these days...