• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

ET Crashes

AussieG

When ET starts to join a server it goes to a download screen and then crashes, it was fine last night.
It dosnt matter what server i try to join. I cant see what it is trying to download it happens to fast.
How do i fix it.
Cheers AussieG :< :< :<

amacide

ET Moderator
-OZ-AussieG said:
When ET starts to join a server it goes to a download screen and then crashes, it was fine last night.
It dosnt matter what server i try to join. I cant see what it is trying to download it happens to fast.
How do i fix it.
Cheers AussieG :< :< :<
When you launch ET before joining a server try running these commands in your console (~ key)

/cl_autodownload 1
/cl_allowdownload 1

See if that helps...if pain persists, post again ;-)

AussieG

Now it says game code (ui_mp_x86.dll) failed pure server check
I cant win today lol
I have removed etpub folder and reinstalled et itself

AussieG

I have since deleted et completely and reinstalled it and i still get the same error code when connecting to OZ only, please help.
Getting withdrawall simptons :lol: :lol:

superMINGE

read into it a bit, one possible reason is it not closing the process properly when you quit. So enter your task manager, ctrl + alt +del, and check if there is an ET process going. Kill it if there is.

Another possible reason I came across was Vista issues (if you run vista). Right click and run as administrator and if that doesn't work, right click on the et.exe file and change compatibility to xp instead.

Hopefully one of those helps....

nelots

Sounds like a corrupt file, try asking someone nicely to send their ui_mp_x86.dll file or you'll just have to re-install the entire game and grab all the files off the server.

i0nwr1t3r

If it's win7 disable UAC ( user account control ) reboot then connect to OZ.

Check firwall settings if that don't help.

Cheers

i0n

AussieG

Thanks for your help Guys. :D
I got it working, disabled UAC, but i lost my Experiance :< , I saved my et key but it didnt keep my experiance????