• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

et server down

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
IMPORTANT: Your server is currently offline!
We have detected an outage with your server and are currently working to resolve this issue. During this time, server stops, restarts, and reinstalls are disabled. Server crashes are generally solved within 30 mintues and extended mass outages will be reported via the members area alert system. from game cp

from ticket

1) Can you restart it via the members area "Restart" button?

No
==============================================
2) Can you connect to your server's FTP?

No
3) Have you recently added any mods or made any command line changes that may have caused this?

No
4) If you have made recent changes, please list any mods or changes that may have caused the misconfiguration:

no
5) Please provide us with any other information that may be useful:

it has been down for over 5 hours i was just wondering what is happening what is going on and also when it is on and we get lots of players it starts to get some packet loss this has only started happening in the last few weeks

thanks

We are aware of the issue facing your server. We are in contact with our provider in this location and are actively working towards a solution. We will provide you with another update here as soon as one is available.

"Spyder"

Last edited by a moderator:

Trigger Happy

So any ETA on when the server will be up?
I hope they are giving us compensation for being down for so long, generally server contracts state how long is acceptable for downtime and three days or more usually isn't!

Cheers

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
reply 2
Hello,

We are currently working on resolving the issues with the voice server and hope to have everything up and running correctly as soon as possible.

In the meantime, all servers should be up and running on a temporary machine. Some functions may not work correctly while on this temporary box.

Thank You,

Sean McGuire

reply 1

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are currently working to resolve the issue and will notify you of any updates in the situation. We appreciate your patience in the matter.

"Spyder"

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
have no eta at the moment all i know is what iv been posting here i just sent them a ticket to see what the temp box is and see what the ip is

matilda

DerpLyfe
Thanks, Phill. Appreciate the thread and the updates.
This must be one of the longest outages OZ ET has ever had!

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
,li cant nerb i tried spamming helped for the first ticket but they are just ignoring me now and only posting when they feel like it :D
so you will just have to make more mini nerbs now :D

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Sadly in this situation mat, we are merely Middle Men, we are posting tickets and requesting a fix, but we are not the ones at the controls.

Everyone please keep in mind that we are not Directly able to fix this. It is the Data Centre that is having issues and thus we are at their mercy.

EDIT: From this point forward please move any non-server-status discussion elsewhere so that we may communicate more effectively.

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mrs nerb breathes a sigh of relief!

Good job Philby!

As a side note, do we have what we would consider to be a reasonable explanation of the outage? I am sure our donators would like some assurance that an extended outage like this wont happen in the future.

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
it was supposedly a voice server that put the thing offline other then that i dont know what else had happened

Trigger Happy

I would check what the SLA was / uptime guarantee is for our provider and see if they will give us some compensation for the outage.
It might be worth checking these things because if they are not accountable for downtimes like this then it might be worth looking for other providers that guarantee better uptime!

Cheers

i0nwr1t3r

Phil job well done , I & all players / donors sure would like to know why a voice server should knock out ours & why it's not on an isolated / dedicated server (voice server) instead of muckin up the interwebs!

Triggs has a point , can we seek partial refund or additional free service as compo?
I'm just happy we're back online atm. ;)

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 19, 2013 - 9:41am EST
A DDoS attack has caused an issue with some of our services in Australia. If your voice server or game server is inaccessible, this is a result of the attack.

No ticket needs to be opened, and we will provide updates via this service alert.

We are working with our provider on a solution, but due to the nature of the attack, it is virtually impossible to filter out only the 'bad' traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.