• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Getting perm muted without reason

JoKeR

I keep getting perm muted by silent command. The last time i got muted all i said was 'oz wont justify themselves' after another silent command was used to restart a map that had already been played. I remember outburts from many players against the restarting of the map, and no oz member justifyed why they had restarted. Firstly im not quite sure why i was muted and secondly a perm mute is going way too far.

Can you please not lock this topic untill BR posts, i want to know whats going on

G

all i know is it wasn't me, but was blaming Trigger who wasn't even in the server at the time.

G

umm if u was on server at the time you/he would know what iam talking about , keep your un-informed comments to yaself ty

The Admiral

extremist said:
admins are loosing control of themselves and doing wat ever they please on the server not wats good for the server but wats good for them time for the admins to be reeeled back in a bit BR i thinks
IMO Promote cake to supreme overlord of oz and make every decision go through him and no one will ever complain.

Antagonist

i agree, the map restart was unnecessary, just because either skanky or trigger feel the need to play it, doesnt mean u have to ruin it for everyone else... ive never seen 2 admins abuse there powers soooo much without any consequence, it really is bad form.

Trigger Happy

What? I logged on for about 2 minutes to tell skanky something in PM and then went to get my dinner. When I come back I see things about triggerhawk failing again. Not really sure what happened but get an admin to check the admin command log before you start throwing my name around in BS accusations :)

Cheers

SkankyMoe

Antagonist said:
i agree, the map restart was unnecessary, just because either skanky or trigger feel the need to play it, doesnt mean u have to ruin it for everyone else... ive never seen 2 admins abuse there powers soooo much without any consequence, it really is bad form.
Just goes to show you bunch of soft cocks will complain about anything.
More than one person was asking if we could extend the time by 5mins, clearly everyone was enjoying the map.
Yes I tried to extend the time and failed and I also said in global chat that was a epic failmin attempt by myself.
So if you were paying attention you would have seen I fessed up at the time for naffing up the time extention.

the whole cake

Hrm let me consult my magic 8 ball.....
*shake*
hrm.. 8 ball says I should raise some flame war
*shake*
cmon 8 ball be specific..
8 ball says try again. Grr
*shake*
Now 8 ball is saying to make up a reason to send hatred to skanky. Ah screw this 8 ball.

U cant be right all the time. People screw up. Overlord of OZ, oh mighty Cake himself has been wrong once or twice. Often in fact. But as long as u act in good spirit then its all good. Screwing up a map restart aint such a big deal. Me thinks JoKeR doesn't care about the map restart. He really cares about being muted all the time.

Im sure that if joker was told 'oops i just screwed it up' the first time, he wouldn't be angry or even give a damn. In an ideal world anyway. Reading his post it seems like someone couldnt handle 'oz cant justify themselves', like it was some threat against their life or something. Who was doing the muting? Ah it doesnt matter. What does matter is that I just ate a huge plate of bacon & egg pie. Mmmm...

Hicksy

-OZ-the whole cake said:
Im sure that if joker was told 'oops i just screwed it up' the first time, he wouldn't be angry or even give a damn.
sorry bud thats where ya wrong. I VERY much doubt that

Personally i dont think joker was muted for
JoKeR said:
'oz wont justify themselves'
i believe he was muted for his constant attacks on oz and the way skank and trigs do things. its not the comment you made that time its the comments you ALWAYS make. they build up.

SkankyMoe

Ug, magic 8 ball shake, what to expect from cake, nothing but utter fucking bullshit as per usual.
As for Jokers mute, meh Im the one unmuting him, he knows I got nothing against him.
Its not my place to say who or why he has been muted and if hes muted by a admin for a reason Its not my place to unmute him either.
If Joker or anyone else casualy gets muted by the word filter most people know I unmute them from it, but thanks to a certain oz member
complaining about me unmuting people when hit by the word filter thats now not so much a luxury, yah for new recruits and their complaints.

Antagonist

how about just nextmap next time moe instead of doing f all as usual..
a no u didnt say anything in mm1, everyone was asking why and no one was told.

SkankyMoe

Antagonist said:
how about just nextmap next time moe instead of doing f all as usual..
a no u didnt say anything in mm1, everyone was asking why and no one was told.
ba ha ha hah ah a, you make me lol, are you trying to live up to frogs standards ?

The map was only 7mins into play, when i was trying to work out the commands for time extention and failed
I had cut it down to 18mins, then 5mins, then I ended it. After 3 failed attempts is when the map was restarted.

Antagonist

the map ended after 30 minutes and then started again for a further 30 minuetes. how hard is it to do !nextmap ?

amacide

ET Moderator
Antagonist said:
the map ended after 30 minutes and then started again for a further 30 minuetes. how hard is it to do !nextmap ?
No, it didn't.... I was playing the map too (both times) and actually paying attention.
Maybe you missed the bit where it said '5 minutes remaining' and then finished about 5 seconds later....
It went from 17 minutes remaining to 5 minutes remaining, then ended and was tried again.

-OZ-SkankyMoe said:
Just goes to show you bunch of soft cocks will complain about anything.
Yeh....my personal favourite was Mess...
To "protest" at our start of map !shuffle his approach was to stack Axis as hard as possible...said so himself.
All class, thanks for the selfishness....kinda reminds me of a child throwing a tantrum. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! ;-)

Cheers.

SkankyMoe

Antagonist said:
How hard is it to type --> /quit <-- in console if you dont like the server your playing on, considering your the only person complaing about this matter
and it didnt bother anyone else and there are no other people QQ'n about it, tells me you just want to make drama for the sake of making drama.

Get some help from Frog, hes much better at it :lol:

Death_Reincarnated

I dont get why the F would you extend the map on a full server anyways...

Play the map for its entire session then vote for another map...simple.

Either way dont !next OR !extend it during, near end OR at critical times...this is where admins have failed before and why players get annoyed.

Reaver

For my input:

Skanky-Moe isn't doing much to earn the respect of other players considering the language and name calling. Not a really good image for an OZ member.
Joker always pushes the limits, usually too far until he gets Admin'd right out.

Take this into consideration, over the past 3 years nothing has changed except the people doing it.

Live long and laugh a lot.