• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

How good is your connection?

Sisibouri

mine is terrible :-(
i get less latency from Canberra which is 3 times as far lol

and this is my closest server (note higher latency then Canberra still)

i use to get like 6 ish down and 0.32 up constant on my 8mb open socket adsl now this is best i can get yet apparently nothing is wrong with my line :-(

there ya go bit of tweaking and get it bit higher :-)

bloody unreliable telstra crap!!!

i0nwr1t3r

Well this is a little embarrassing , the speedtest I posted earlier in this thread we hadn't turned adsl2+ on in the router when we upgraded from adsl 1 last year.
Here's the new result !

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
-OZ-i0nwr1t3r said:
Well this is a little embarrassing , the speedtest I posted earlier in this thread we hadn't turned adsl2+ on in the router when we upgraded from adsl 1 last year.
ROFL!

nelots

-OZ-i0nwr1t3r said:
Wow..... just WOW!

Frogma

hey I finally upgraded from my 256k!

I'm a superstar in the computing world now! Bill Gates wants my autograph.

Antagonist

omg rowan YOU CAN FINALLY PLAY ON CG NOW!!! without 800 ping... personally i think your ping tactic was flawless.. but who am i to judge

G-Train

Antagonist said:
omg rowan YOU CAN FINALLY PLAY ON CG NOW!!! without 800 ping... personally i think your ping tactic was flawless.. but who am i to judge
I rkn his mid-range game will suffer........

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
-OZ-i0nwr1t3r said:
Here's the new result !

Hmmmmm I chucked the adsl2 router in and just fired it up - I wonder if I have optimum settings or do I have the best connection possible now for where I am? Syncing at up to 1.2mbps on a good connection.

nelots

^Lol G....... you dont need good internets for a LAN HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr