• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

I'm sorry but we blew up your laptop

the whole cake

Oh yeah I saw that too. What a load of arse cheese. They were just being pricks. It says they didnt even hit the hard drive inside.
That whole area/conflict is so screwed up. When will these morons stop associating themselves to a group of people/religion and realize they are both freaken HUMAN BEINGS!!

If they didnt each have a huge stack of ideologies and customs which conflicted with each other, they wouldnt need to give a shit about fighting. Why do they have to keep it up? They belong to a bigger country than jewland/arabland or whatever they come from. They come from earth. They should shut the fk up and play nice. Other countries are far more powerful and are peaceful to the point where we can kill each other over video game powerups.

Trigger Happy

The standard procedure of operation in Isreal and in lots of places is to blow up the offending package. She left her bag alone for a while and they thought it could be a bomb, as such they shot at the bag to blow it up as that is standard practice. It was her own fault for leaving it unattended and she is getting compensated so who really cares :p

Cheers

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
-OZ-Trigger Happy said:
The standard procedure of operation in Isreal and in lots of places is to blow up the offending package. She left her bag alone for a while and they thought it could be a bomb, as such they shot at the bag to blow it up as that is standard practice. It was her own fault for leaving it unattended and she is getting compensated so who really cares :p

Cheers
Hang on.... they thought it was a bomb.... so they blew it up.. wtf.. Ok I admit I have no knowledge in bomb's but if you go blasting the hell out of a bomb.. isn't there a chance it will explode.. Idk how much logic went into the shooting of that "bomb".

Trigger Happy

They would have moved the bomb to a better location first (most likely). They either call in the bomb squad to disarm it or they shoot at it to blow it up in a controlled place. Since it was laptop sized, my guess is that they thought it was a reasonably small bomb and thus shooting at it was ok to blow it up :)

Cheers

the whole cake

who gives a shit i say. they are all a bunch of idiots. they should just STOP FRIGGING FIGHTING. Its like WHO CARES who owns the freaking land. Nobody does and everybody does. Just get the uck along. People are dying over there. Im sick of seeing on the news people dying over that stupid religious crap.

Furry

Since it was laptop sized, my guess is that they thought it was a reasonably small bomb and thus shooting at it was ok to blow it up
Small laptop sized.. i wonder if it coulda been a laptop, they wouldn't have shot at it if it was a bomb they do have procedures it dosnt matter what size they were just being a bunch of pricks

Joke :D

With the same passion minus the swearing, a stongly agree with cake. Its mindless violence over something / someone that probably doesnt even exist (i.e. god).

blusky

Cake you are a man of brilliance!

Joke =D said:
With the same passion minus the swearing, a stongly agree with cake. Its mindless violence over something / someone that probably doesnt even exist (i.e. god).
Although I agree, I don't think this incident has that much to do with religion, but I just skimmed over it so IDK.

Pictures are far superior!

nelots

-OZ-Trigger Happy said:
They would have moved the bomb to a better location first (most likely). They either call in the bomb squad to disarm it or they shoot at it to blow it up in a controlled place. Since it was laptop sized, my guess is that they thought it was a reasonably small bomb and thus shooting at it was ok to blow it up :)Cheers
Seen this happen before, the security guys usually would vacate the area then fire 3-5shots at the suspicious luggage.
In places like Israel there isn't enough bomb squad personnel to attend all bomb scares and when you factor in that it'll take hours to try to defuse plus the thousands of people it'll inconvenience then this is the end result.
I mean seriously who would leave their luggage unattended these days let alone leaving it in an Israeli airport :S

P.S - this is the best comment from the story :)

"Saul said, on December 16, 2009 at 1:42 pm

Well, maybe it was time for you to buy a Dell…
If they shot the laptop – they probably had a very good reason to do it."

The Admiral

I'm with cake. It's the 21st century. They should seriously just grow up and get over it already. All the extra 'security' causes incidents like this to happen for no reason. So much money they spend on weapons instead of actually trying to turn their country into something the Western world would have some respect for.

Pretty lucky they missed the HDD though. Moral of the story: Don't go to the Middle-East. At least Asia/US/Europe have cool things. You can put up with the bad things there. But Middle-East...

nelots

The Admiral said:
I'm with cake. It's the 21st century. They should seriously just grow up and get over it already. All the extra 'security' causes incidents like this to happen for no reason. So much money they spend on weapons instead of actually trying to turn their country into something the Western world would have some respect for.
Thats easier said than done. I mean if a bunch of hobos muscles then locks you out of your house wouldn't you try to get it back?

The Admiral said:
Pretty lucky they missed the HDD though. Moral of the story: Don't go to the Middle-East. At least Asia/US/Europe have cool things. You can put up with the bad things there. But Middle-East...
Don't knock it till you've been there. The Middle-East is a great place to holiday in minus the almost daily bomb scares and security breaches :)

the whole cake

nelots said:
Thats easier said than done. I mean if a bunch of hobos muscles then locks you out of your house wouldn't you try to get it back?
Join the hobos. Or better yet, have some beers with them.

Sure, in our world here in AUS/NZ if someone came and pushed us out of our home it would be worthwhile. But over there, the scale is much much larger than an individuals home, so its not a case of personal space. Its political. IE peoples ideologies are involved.

Seriously we tell kids not to join gangs and things because this feeble crap starts to happen. Over there they are adults and all walks of life. Idiots.

OK guys Star Trek was right. The 1960s episode 'Let that be your last battlefield' goes:
The enterprise by accident comes across two aliens intent on destroying each other. They are from 2 factions on the same planet. One is an official, taking back a 'terrorist'. The other guy is a 'freedom fighter' running from an 'oppressor'.

But one is black on left side of his body, and white on the other. The other guy is black on the RIGHT side of his body, & white on the other. They absolutely hate each other to the point where they cant stop trying to kill each other. For centuries running through the galaxy.

The enterprise is like ffs and takes them back to their home planet to sort it out, only to find that their entire planet has been destroyed. The two factions destroyed each other centuries ago, all for the fact their colours were backwards & nothing else. Theyre now the last remaining members of their species.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_That_Be_Your_Last_Battlefield

Trigger Happy

There will never be a world without war and ideologies will always be involved.
Look at the World Wars, were we supposed to just sit back and let another country take over our own and then we just go "cool man lets all have some beers". I don't think so. Much of what you guys are saying here is insulting to many people through your naive views of the world, much of which I doubt you have even been out and experienced. While I understand it is an opinion you are sharing, try to tone it down and stop generalising things because it really does just make you look stupid.

Cheers

The Admiral

My point was more that they've been fighting for ages and still haven't really come to a resolution. At least with North & South Korea, they're at war, but they don't DO that much against each other. They just sit there with their troops, waiting for the other person to do something, and as soon as they do, they get all bitchy about it (eg NK missile tests - did they seriously think people wouldn't get annoyed at them for that?).

Far more productive for them all to just make love not war.

@Nelots: Was more knocking the general image/stereotype of the middle east. Massive deserts with guys in turbans with AK-47's. Mainly the massive deserts though. I like my big Asian cities, or my big US theme parks, or my big Euro landmarks. The general image of the Middle East though is one of war (News), deserts (The Geography channel?) and terrorist training camps (NCIS) if you watch TV. With the exception of the major cities that don't seem to be involved in war so much (Dubai, the rest of the UAE, maybe Egypt a little, though it's fairly dodgy and all sandy apparently), they aren't major tourist attractions, like the Western World cities - eg Sydney w/ Opera House, Harbour Bridge and whatever else is in Sydney. Egypt is just pyramids and sphinxes, and Dubai is just super-tall or super-weird buildings).

It is hard for the typical Westerner to see the attraction of travelling there for a holiday if they have no family there, due to the large amount of War/Violence in the area. Who is going to take their family with their little children to a country where bombs frequently (compared to everywhere else) explode, killing general members of the public?

Sunncaeks

The Admiral said:
they aren't major tourist attractions, like the Western World cities - eg Sydney w/ Opera House, Harbour Bridge and whatever else is in Sydney. Egypt is just pyramids and sphinxes, and Dubai is just super-tall or super-weird buildings).
Since when haven't the pyramids at Giza been a major tourist attraction? Pretty sure that there's only one Sphinx, too. Which has a nose missing. CURSE YOU NAPOLEON.

The Admiral

-OZ-pancakefan said:
[quote="The Admiral":1aqju99k]

they aren't major tourist attractions, like the Western World cities - eg Sydney w/ Opera House, Harbour Bridge and whatever else is in Sydney. Egypt is just pyramids and sphinxes, and Dubai is just super-tall or super-weird buildings).
Since when haven't the pyramids at Giza been a major tourist attraction? Pretty sure that there's only one Sphinx, too. Which has a nose missing. CURSE YOU NAPOLEON.[/quote:1aqju99k]

I meant that Egypt and Dubai were the only places with well-known tourist attractions. And damn, only one? I figured the Egyptian's would've realised how cool they are and built some more.

Sunncaeks

Well the Taj Mahal of course comes to mind, the Temple of Jerusalem, Shapur's Palace, Masada, and whatever's left at the Hanging Gardens of Babylon I'd say would be pretty popular too, and whatever other wonders of the world there are. I guess it's just about knowing where x place is where.

Yep, only one Sphinx. xD
One of that sort of large size anyways, there maybe have been many smaller versions/statues of it.