• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Map Stats 23/01/10 + New Replacement Maps ?

SkankyMoe

Helloo Everyone, Here is the current map stats as of 4pm today.

Have noticed some constant QQ about some maps as per usual.
Also there are a few maps not seeing any play time. So I recon its that time to ask for
some suggestions to replace the lower played maps not getting played for some fresh choices.

So If you have some fav maps or suggestions, Let us know what they are ?
I will after some feedback I will post the suggested changes for comments
before updating the server with the replacements.

Cheers :cool:

Joke :D

i dont mind many of the maps in the rotation, but maps like fueldump and railgun and get abit tedious.

Also i reckon having 4 maps in the rotation centered around blwoing up a submarine is not the best idea.

:)

micky

Sniper map?
Ill keep suggesting it until one gets put it in xD

The poll seems to suggest the server divided over the issue.
so put one in see what kinda response you get.

Sunncaeks

Too bad Eagles and Fuel Dump ARE bad maps. Remove them. Railgun too.
Agreed with Joke, Remove one of the sub-blowing-up maps. La Rochelle I'd say.

Also, keep Missile in there pls. Still underrated as feck.

SkankyMoe

micky said:
Sniper map?
Ill keep suggesting it until one gets put it in xD

The poll seems to suggest the server divided over the issue.
so put one in see what kinda response you get.
Ok you can have your beloved sniper map, now you pick wich one ?

Thanks for the feedback so far, keep it coming, Ive picked out some new maps to check out so far will be:

blitz_b1
cathare
frost-2_b5
mp_base
nightmare
tm-lc-city_b5
warzone_b3

Cheers

SkankyMoe

Frogma said:
Sniper map with a ride. Or any map with a novelty feature please.
LOL, I know you wana slay ride badly, I'll have a look around for a funpark map specialy for you Froggy :D

amacide

ET Moderator
-OZ-pancakefan said:
Too bad Eagles and Fuel Dump ARE bad maps. Remove them. Railgun too.
Agreed with Joke, Remove one of the sub-blowing-up maps. La Rochelle I'd say.

Also, keep Missile in there pls. Still underrated as feck.
+1

Missile very underrated...just wish more players knew objective, then it can be good games :)

blusky

Remove all the lower ranking (bad) maps. Keep SOS, reactor, fuel dump, dubrovnik, braundorf, bremen, base, missle and radar. Dunno why these aren't ranking high. Radar ranks fairly low which is strange because it's one of the best originals.

I put fuel dump in there because i'd rather that than a sniper map. Eagles/Saberpeak - NFI why they're liked, soooooo boring.

Please remove:
Battery - Sucks extra ass if teams are stacked and allies rarely break through (it sucks on pubs)
Eagles - My least favorite map out of the entire rotation, how do people like it?
Railgun - Bad.

Do we really need another batch of bad custom maps, I mean, there's already a huge amount of maps.

Trigger Happy

Eagles is one of the highest rating maps, it won't be moving I'd say.
From the statistics the maps that are on the way out appear to be:
Missile_b3, rochelle, uboot, rtcw_depot2, nordwind1944, xposed, mp_sub_rc1.

Cheers

Joke :D

xposed seems to go down cos peopls don't like open maps much. That and the fisrt bit is the only decent bit.
Nordwin1944 is good fun :D

G-Train

Please dont remove missile, best of the new customs by far. Give peeps a chance to learn and appreciate it.

Also, the regs will hate me for it, but i kinda liked that MLB map with the hidden room. :eek:

Death_Reincarnated

Sif remove RTCW_Depot2... like always people QQ because they dont know the map/objective so they wont bother. This map is easy with dual objective..something this server doesnt have much of.

Plus its a classic map that can teach noobs to be both offensive and defensive.

Do what you need to do but ive seen ppl QQ too much because they dont know a map..but removing it because of that reason is just sad IMO.

Frogma

Death_Reincarnated said:
Sif remove RTCW_Depot2... like always people QQ because they dont know the map/objective so they wont bother. This map is easy with dual objective..something this server doesnt have much of.

Plus its a classic map that can teach noobs to be both offensive and defensive.

Do what you need to do but ive seen ppl QQ too much because they dont know a map..but removing it because of that reason is just sad IMO.
Yeah I'm a depot fan too. Haven't played it in about 37 years though.

Trigger Happy

Well statistics don't lie. Why would we move out maps that people actively play to keep in maps that people don't want to play?
Missile I could see another chance given as it seems like a good map and people like it when they play, but the others I mentioned are definitely low rankers and aren't really worth keeping around. Put them forward again next rotation if you really want them back, but I think for this rotation we need to open up the floor to new maps.

Cheers