• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Map Stats 23/01/10 + New Replacement Maps ?

blusky

If the new maps are just as bad and played as little, what's the point? Do we really need them? There is already a huge choice.

Trigger Happy

-OZ-blusky said:
If the new maps are just as bad and played as little, what's the point? Do we really need them? There is already a huge choice.
We don't know if they are bad till we try them :)
So you are suggesting then that we just leave the rotation choices as is then?

Cheers

blusky

I don't really know it's just that it seems custom maps are only played when there are no other good maps in a vote list.

Pretty sure the only customs I *enjoy* playing that aren't 'competition' maps are: marrakakrekrer and warbell.

Trigger Happy

Well it is up to personal preference, and many have spoken through the voting on what they like.
It is a fact that eagles wins over some of the more "favourite" maps and so do a couple of other customs.
The ones I mentioned are the ones that only generally get played when they are pitted against each other and hence why they are up for being swapped.

Cheers

Fodder

WHY REMOVE MAPS AT ALL???

PUT THEM ALL ON AND LET PEOPLE VOTE HOW THEY WILL!

OR IS THERE A LIMIT?

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
-OZ-blusky said:
Eagles - My least favorite map out of the entire rotation, how do people like it?
ummm.... something about a

TAMPOLINE??!?!

All time best map feature ever.

Fodder

ROTATE THE ROTATION, PERHAPS WITH 1 OR MORE SUBCYCLES

IMHO YOU NEED TO SEPARATE:

1. STANDARD TRIED AND TRU MAPS THAT EVERYONE KNOWS + LOVES AND CONSTANTLY GETS PLAYED
(GOLDRUSH WOULD BE ONE OF THESE I EXPECT)

2. MAPS THAT ARE POPULAR BUT DONT QUITE MAKE THE CUT OF THE FIRST BUNCH

3. MAPS THAT ARE NEW OR FAIRLY UNPOPULAR

4. EVERYTHING ELSE (DETRITUS...PROBABLY OLD OR JUST PLAIN CRAP OR WHATEVER)

SET 1 GOES ON REGULAR ROTATION (CONSTANTLY IN THE MIX) BUT IF THE NUMBER OF THESE EXCEEDS 1/3 OF THE TOTAL MAXIMUM MAPS THEN THEY SHOULD BE SUBCYCLED.
SET 1 SHOULD NEVER EXCEED 1/3 OF THE TOTAL MAPS (OR ANOTHER SUITABLE FRACTION BUT 1/3 SEEMS A GOOD ONE TO ME :)

DITTO SETS 2 AND 3

SET 4 IS THE DISCARD PILE AND ANYONE THAT CRIES ABOUT IT CAN KEEP CRYING COS THIS SERVER IS MANDATED FOR THE MASSES AND NOT DETERMINED BY SOME FARSICAL AQUATIC CEREMONY :)

YOU CAN TAKE THIS APPROACH WITHIN THE SETS AND SUBCYCLE THE SUBCYCLES BUT THATS GETTING TO BE A LOT OF WORK AND I HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH WORK THIS WOULD BE IN THE FIRST PLACE OR IF ITS EVEN POSSIBLE.

I COULD ALSO BE HIDEOUSLY EMBARRASSING MYSELF WITH MY NAIVETE AND YOUR PROBABLY ALL BLOODY GENII ANYWAY AND GOING *YAWN* WHAT A RETARD ETCETC

F

Death_Reincarnated

Indeed we should have the succesfull maps in the same basket and the middle success maps in another basket while the not so successfull in a third basket of rotation, that way the statistics wont be as skewed.

I have constantly seen people pick maps that were played, probably because they know them, and the rest always get skipped in the same basket of choice.

What is the currect statistical approach which determines what maps are put in the basket of choice as next map to be voted for???

SkankyMoe

noobItUp said:
Actually I think you will find it was a Tramapoline!
YOU ARE 100% CORRECT

After consulting with google and investigating further, Ive come to the conslusion you are deffinetly correct, well picked up.

Source
Code:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tramampoline
Tramampoline

Homer's attempts at saying "trampoline". From The Simpsons.

The Simpsons are getting a tramampoline!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

And this video reminds me of how me and Trigs usualy end up after playing on the eagles tramampoline

[youtube:kr8biyqy]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceWZ624wBVA[/youtube:kr8biyqy]

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceWZ624wBVA