• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

MAPS!!!!

Rainbow

With the recent addition to new maps such as that Egypt map, the removal of classic Adlernest and being replaced with the Desert garbage (the roof was removed for a reason guyz), it's now up to me to refer some pub friendly maps for all you little pewpewers.

Also was just going through my ETmain and found a shit-tonne of old maps that I haven't seen in ages.

1. El Kef
2. HoG (Heart of Gold)
3. Haunted Mansion
4. Hindenburg_Beta3
5. Baserace!!!
6. Caen
7. ET_Village
8. GoldRush-GA (greater access) - not my fav map but im sure the nubs will enjoy climbing everywhere
9. Missile_b3
10. mp_base
11. STREETS OF ITALY
12. PACMAN
13. Reactor_Final
14. Tiger? I think thats the one, gotta take a tank through a f-load of ruins and tank barriers, u go thru a tunnel with a tank barrier in it close to spawn, ummm there's a bridge you gota take it across as well. The map is all ruiny and stuff - help me out guyz.
15. GOLDENDUNK

and finally
16. put on a tj map for 10 minutes so me and gtrain can demo people and watch them later lmao (TONBERRY I LOVE YOU)

Anyways just a few suggestions, feel the current mappool is becoming stale.
xo

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
HOG and Streets of Italy are in my favourite ET map list. Italy, because of the electric power lines mainly and HOG because you can lean around a corner wait wait wait and bam triple someone running at you, and since it's almost semetrical you can't lose your way that bad. :)

I remember however, Italy to have some problems when it came to the first push with axis, we'd might need to adjust soem spawn times or something to ensure allies aren't camped in the first spawn the whole match.

G-Train

and finally
16. put on a tj map for 10 minutes so me and gtrain can demo people and watch them later lmao (TONBERRY I LOVE YOU)
Hahaha, one of the funniest things i've seen in ET :lol:

And F1 to Reactor and Missile_B3..

Also, id like to see some love given to the MLB maps.

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
excuse, but there are/were already enough topics about maps floating around, could you (BR) put them all in one area please? just makes life easier.

@poster
some of these maps are already being considered, I asked in the other thread(s) for ideas and I now have an open draw full of maps to interchange, adlernest classic hasn't been removed o.0? its still there, it just so happens that when the last map-adder added (possibly me no memory of it) this 'newfangled accursed thing' (personally I love it), the other map was also left in rotation. SO in reality both adlers have been running for a fair few months, commonly following each other making for some very monotonous game play.

sorry, but I could fill a hat with the amount of people posting about baserace, sure great map (for a short time), though I guess if I could get br to whip me up a custom cfg to use on it and find a version which suits (no tower, desert, snow etc) it may be do-able.

6, 11 and 13 I have mentioned somewhere else to be added, (VERSIONS PLEASE), mp_base was just removed due to low bot support and few plays. Goldrush-GA, has got to be the greatest goldy redo I've ever trialled, if I can I shall add it :D. not sure if 14 rings any bells, I can check some lists. ET_village was a scrim map with choke points from memory? HOG, all I remember from last run was camp camp camp, mid area, tad boring really.

As with BR's post,
the reason for a lot of these map that have previously been run is how to make them fair for the first, second or third (if it exists) part of the map; lately I have seen the odd whinge that a spawn time is too long, perhaps, though it is mainly there to give the other team (attacking/defending depends upon the map) a chance to get into position or work themselves out.

@G (grr in before I posted)
MLB maps are massive, and would be better suited to the 64 slot server, unless we had say 5 second respawn for attackers and 20 for defenders.....hmmm.

We have a tj server for the purpose of tjing, pub is pub, perhaps we should remove all the pro maps and shunt them back to the pro server as that is also its purpose.

Rainbow

cccdfern said:
We have a tj server for the purpose of tjing, pub is pub, perhaps we should remove all the pro maps and shunt them back to the pro server as that is also its purpose.
Was a joke directed at G, no need to remove maps such as adlernest, braundorf, radar, oasis, frostbite etc as these are all played in "pro" matches. IMO most of the pro maps can easily be enjoyed on pub servers...

@Village, Yeah it is a bit chokey but I mean on pub we have amazing riflers like Casius who would have a field day on maps like this. This map also opens up the oppurtunity for mortar play, from more experienced soldiers such as Casius.

Regardless, I don't see the drawbacks of having more maps in the map pool, most of these maps I rather enjoy. Plenty of objectives to keep those who are inclined to do obj satisfied, and plenty of spots for aimers to get their tingting on.

EDIT: It's nearly impossible to stop camping on ANY map, unless the teams are even. ET just happens to be a very social game and friends like to play with each other.

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
more maps are fine, its just that the limit is 30 and we don't really want to push it too much so mostly we have been running 26-8 as 'in rotation' and the base 6. I just think that some of the pro maps are a tad small, mostly dubrovnik appears to get fairly congested around either spawn, yes sk is unavoidable, but the least we can do is try to keep the teams even.

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
more than enough topics, more than enough maps, might throw them on dev when I get a chance and do some configging

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, got 26 maps from both topics, should have them up to test by the end of today.

axislab_final.pk3
axislab_final_nuke.pk3
base12_b4.pk3
base55.pk3
caen.pk3
caen_4.pk3
el_kef_final.pk3
erdenberg_b2.pk3
et_village.pk3
frost_comp_b3.pk3
frost_final.pk3
golddays_v4.pk3
goldendunk_a2.pk3
goldrush-ga.pk3
haunted_mansion.pk3
haunted_mansionb3.pk3
hindenburg_beta3.pk3
HoG_b12.pk3
italyfp2.pk3
italyfp2_mods.pk3
missile_b3.pk3
nightcrawlers.pk3
pacman_v2.pk3
pirates.pk3
raw_final.pk3
rommel_final_1107_fixed.pk3
tiger_110.pk3
tiger_dump_b7.pk3

i0nwr1t3r

cccdfern said:
Ok, got 26 maps from both topics, should have them up to test by the end of today.

axislab_final.pk3
axislab_final_nuke.pk3
base12_b4.pk3
base55.pk3
caen.pk3
caen_4.pk3
el_kef_final.pk3
erdenberg_b2.pk3
et_village.pk3
frost_comp_b3.pk3
frost_final.pk3
golddays_v4.pk3
goldendunk_a2.pk3
goldrush-ga.pk3
haunted_mansion.pk3
haunted_mansionb3.pk3
hindenburg_beta3.pk3
HoG_b12.pk3
italyfp2.pk3
italyfp2_mods.pk3
missile_b3.pk3
nightcrawlers.pk3
pacman_v2.pk3
pirates.pk3
raw_final.pk3
tiger_110.pk3
tiger_dump_b7.pk3
There's even the odd one in there I've never heard of , well done sir!

i0nwr1t3r

Messenjah said:
Are you going to be putting up multiple versions of the same map as your list suggests?
naturally. :banana: , all will be tested in advance on the dev server for any differences in versions. etc.

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Finally fine-tuned the list of possible maps to add.
Versions are subject to change.

__BRIDGES__.pk3
aa-guns.pk3
axislab_final.pk3
axislab_final_nuke.pk3
base12_b4.pk3
base55.pk3
baserace_XRaY.pk3
beerrun_b7a.pk3
caen.pk3
caen_4.pk3
caen2.pk3
closer_v4.pk3
coast_b1.pk3
ctf_faction.pk3
ctf-face-fp1_fixed.pk3
el_kef_final.pk3
et_dam_b1.pk3
et_ufo_final.pk3
et_village.pk3
facility31_b1.pk3
fun_beach_final.pk3
goldrush-ga.pk3
italyfp2.pk3
italyfp2_mods.pk3
lighthouse2.pk3
marketgarden_et_r2.pk3
mp_sub_rc1.pk3
mp_tram.pk3
nightcrawlers.pk3
pacman_v2.pk3
raw_final.pk3
rhine2.pk3
supply_pro.pk3
warringgods.pk3
wolken1_final.pk3

Still working on what to remove, list as of the moment, more may be added depending on how they fair.
eabank
ammodepot
revert fueldump
rail gun
adlernest desert
chartwell