• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Maps

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
A few people have come to me asking if x map can be taken out and x map put in, so I was wondering; What maps have you seen that you would like to see on the server, perhaps different versions of current ones.

So, suggestions for possible additions please. At the moment we are considering one map to be removed, and have adequate room on the rotation for about 3 maps (add 2, replace 1).

Maps that shall not be given any form of consideration are ones that are used during the Christmas period and massive maps that are only suitable to the 32v32 server.

This post shall be updated to include the suggestions posted

Any off-topic posts/spam shall be deleted.

Maps Suggested
  • 'james bond' maps
  • Base 12
  • SW Goldrush
  • SW battery
  • Beerrun
  • Password2
  • SWbattery
  • Reactor - added
  • GA El Kef
  • Library b3 - x
  • Missile B4 - http://www.crossfire.nu/?x=news&mode=item&id=7252
  • Supply depot (diff version)
  • Bremen b3/final
  • Cold Fort
  • CTF Faction

General things to fix within current maps
  • Spawn times on caen reversed, for axis/allies

removed
  • ctg
  • erdenberg

Last edited by a moderator:

Marge

desert alder is one id like to be placed back in they were good OZ days 15 on 15 match awesome fun.

Cheers -OZ-Marge.

hammerkrook

Map pool:
Ice
Radar
Braundorf
SW Goldrush TE
Adlernest
Frostbite
Karsiah TE2
Supply Depot
TC Base
GA El Kef
SOS Secret Weapon
Bremen b2
Special Delivery TE
Reactor (Final)
base_12
snatch
Beerrun
Password 2
SW Battery

Everything else can go, (specially Eagles way and lighthouse maps).

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Well:
Base 12 - I'd have to look at it again to remind myself of which base map it is (:p)
SW Goldrush - having not done much stopwatch, I'm not really savvy to the changes
Beerrun - old map, perhaps
Password2 - seemed to fair well for the time that it was up
SWbattery - read changelog, some disputes arose over whether this would make the map too easy to be played on pub due to the extra methods of entry etc.
reactor - might as well

The rest are already there so don't need mentioning as this is for additions only, I am mainly looking for maps that we have not previously had on the pub server OR pro server

Joke :D

Reactor, SW Goldrush is good, all maps to do with beach invasions are boring imo, don't remove lighthouse

hammerkrook

If you're after some new maps maybe you should have a look at The new library map that was just released !
http://www.crossfire.nu/?x=news&mode=item&id=7249
Have a browse of that site there was a few new maps released within the last year.
Also we want enjoyable maps not ones that kill the server keep it basic popular maps !

Trigger Happy

Need to have some different maps aside from the norm. We have plenty (nearly all of actually) of the "standard" maps and sometimes a change is as good as a holiday. Lighthouse is a pretty fun map for some people. I think maps like saberpeak are pretty fun too for when there are enough people.

If someone can grab the vote stats from the server, that would show just how popular each map is (it will show the number of votes and number of plays from memory) and what the majority likes. Generally the standard maps are up there, but there are other maps that are well liked too :)

Cheers

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the link hammer.

@Trigger, exactly, thats what we're trying to achieve here. Looking for the maps that haven't been run as much but are still or have the potential to be popular, the last map that was enthused to be put on the server was Erdenberg B3, from memory votes for eagles are higher. And if I had access to the files now (at tafe) I could confirm that.

hammerkrook

I'm sorry trigger but I don't find a map fun when 18 of the 20 people that were on leave because a map like eagle ways 2 or lighthouse comes on because 2 people like it and want to play sniper wars.

Rainbow

These maps would be a good addition to the map pool.

Reactor (Final)
SW Goldrush TE
Beerrun
Password 2
GA El Kef

Please don't put in Desert Adler, It just turns into a battle as to who can hold the roof, and the main purpose of the map (objective) is lost.

I've said it before, some people just want to get easy kills as they are not skilled enough to say SMG or Rifle very well , and this is understandable. But they will sooner sit in a highly defensible position and just shoot out of it (all map) in order to get the ever elusive kill, disregarding any teamplay (The greatest part of ET!). Desert Adler is a great example of this.

Other maps where this will happen, is Saberpeak (which can be an ok map with friends on), Eagles, ET Beach Invasion, where people will often sit back and snipe for 30 minutes in the same spot, in order to pick up 5 or 6 kills.
Although its very frustrating for myself getting hit by 6 snipers at a time when I'm trying to go rambo, having 5 people sniping on a team in a 7 v 7 it kind of takes away any enjoyment from the map. This is my experience only, but I'm sure other "aimers" feel this way. Sadly we are the minority now as most people have left ET :<

The bond maps do seem like a cool twist though!

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
You can rest assured rainy, desert adler will not be making a return, for reasons other than the roof combat.
The other thing to note is that we have been meaning to curb the number of coverts/snipers in use so this is hopefully to be implemented when the servers are up and running again.

El kef, Have a feeling I remember it. Another would be bridges, though I've never seen it played.

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Bremen final/b3 is another one, at the moment we are running b2, though I thought I checked it for more recent versions. So, that will be updated, as will supply depot.

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
confirmed to be added are: two updated maps, 3(4) new maps: bremen update, supply update; Library, missile b4, reactor, 'x' (to be decided)