• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Max fps and maxpackets

Messenjah

Keep the pictures PG skanky.. I'm a 13 year old girl remember!

Death,
I don't know how you think the way you do. You choose the most incorrect illogical stance on everything. You then post an essay trying to convince everyone else here that what is wrong is actually somehow right?
Makes no sense.

Inglourious Basterd

Death_Reincarnated said:
I can also say that your script for autorun+shoot is bad because there are situations where you do not want to speed-strafe while shooting and it will decrease accuracy considerably, OR if you need to sprint to a location you will end up with an empty magazine...

Antagonist

Death_Reincarnated said:
I can also say that your script for autorun+shoot is bad because there are situations where you do not want to speed-strafe while shooting and it will decrease accuracy considerably, OR if you need to sprint to a location you will end up with an empty magazine...
DING DING DING! we have downy of the week!

firstly you still have shift for sprint, this command simply adds sprint to mouse1 so.... if u run to a location sweetheart you wont end up with a empty magazine... how did you even deduct that from that, i mean seriously, i thought id smoked myself retarded but you sir are a complete wally.

Sunncaeks

LOL OMG.
I doubt this is the case, but DR could be the biggest ET troll ever.

For this scenario; DR's name is now Jorge.

Rainbow1

Death.

You must understand that the top players on OZ have far transcended your level of sophistication.

Death_Reincarnated

Rainbow said:
Death.

You must understand that the top players on OZ have far transcended your level of sophistication.
Perhaps they have and maybe the havent...lets ask the audience shall we...

Antagonist said:
firstly you still have shift for sprint, this command simply adds sprint to mouse1 so.... if u run to a location sweetheart you wont end up with a empty magazine... how did you even deduct that from that, i mean seriously, i thought id smoked myself retarded but you sir are a complete wally.
So you add a sprint command when ever you are shooting..this is what u mean??? If that is the case then WTF are you thinking. It may well make the enemy harder to hit you but there are situations like in long range smg fights where you dont want that jolt of sprint so its disadvantageous since it decrease accuracy.

Then you still need to press the SHIFT button to sprint if you are not shooting...so here comes the brain fuzz of should I sprint with SHIFT OR MOUSE1...yes give people advice so it confuses them even more in the vast variety of situations they can be in. To me that is a stupid script and here is a simple "Y". You can choose when you want to sprint while strafing by holding down a button BUT having a double whammy of sprint choice (mouse1 and/or shift button) you still have to press SHIFT to side-sprint when not shooting...I'm not sure if you are aware of this but you are supposed to side-sprint when not shooting (less accuracy drop)...but with your logic this just makes your accuracy drop more...this is how i understand it and how I have come across learning about strafing and shooting.

SkankyMoe

Sorry Im late getting back to this epic thread about nothing.
After a tasty bite to eat for lunch I went to my bedroom to
change my shirt and got caught by a bedroom ninja.

Frogma

Rofl this thread is awwwesome.

Death said:
Watching majority of players on pub servers and they reload rather than switch, so what would be better...pressing an extra keystroke or automatically doing it? It is personal preference and when you do learn to switch weapons you do it before you run out of ammo, hence my point is valid in its own right.
Hahaha majority of players reload rather than switch weapons because they unknowingly have auto-reload turned on. If some sensible people actually told them the benefits of turning it off, no doubt they would stop using it. You giving advice for "the average OZ player" is to keep them rubbish. Anyone remember the sardoo knifing incident? That's what auto-reload can do.

It's also bit funny then that you don't like the sprint+shoot bind as that is the automatic, reduction of keystrokes deal that you seem to love.

nelots

Antagonist said:
aww bro u went hella easy.... dont hold back!
Give him time to recover from all that trauma he suffered in the Macgyver Vs Magnum thread :)
Death_Reincarnated said:
How about 8 VS 30 bullets??? Plus generally players on pub don't switch to pistol in a fight because they are not that kind of players. This is where I have focused my advice...not for a pro skill level...and its not me who has missed the point since the situation calls for advice for general players level!
Are you deliberately pulling things out of thin air again??? When out of smg ammo, manually switch to pistol to finish off a close battle not start off with pistol.
That is a standard tactic experienced players will use and works well since as I mentioned before if you have autoreload on it'll lag autoswitch as it checks for any clips left.
Death_Reincarnated said:
First improve your aiming skills so you dont need to switch weapons...then worry about switching weapons...best way to take out the enemy is not needing to have to switch weapons at all. The reason why alot of the leet configs are put in place is to minimze keystrokes used, so what you are suggesting is now to manually switch weapons (by pressing an extra button)???
Not all custom configs are made to minimize the need to press an extra button. The disabling autoreload and autoswitch is for tactical and survival reasons as mentioned previously and above.
Also new players aren't able to improve their aim at a drop of a hat, plus IMO game awareness is more important to work on since theres a limit to each players capacity to aim.

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
Frogma said:
Anyone remember the sardoo knifing incident? That's what auto-reload can do.
Heh, I still have that saved on my desktop at home. I watch it from time to time.

<3 the doo.

Death_Reincarnated

Fair enough, OK I agree with yous about swtiching weapons instead of reloading is the better alternative in the sense of being in the midst of an smg battle. It is something I do as well but since you (meant to) switch weapons before your smg gun is depleted of ammo then 'autoreload on/off' does not account. If you have 'autoreload' off and accidently deplete your magazine then you either need a script which would switch to pistol when your magazine is empty (or just have weapon-auto-switch enabled; but it only comes into effect if there is no more ammo), have to change your weapons manually, or reload manually. In the case of autoswitch and manually switching rather than autoreloading, it does take slitghtly shorter time but one needs to also take into account player ability, awareness and weapons lv that they have. In the end everyone has their own preference and mine is to have both of them enabled. I just find it annoying to not have autoreload or autoswitch, it is how I have gotten used to playing and it works for me.

Said all that I do find it annoying sometimes when you are in the midst of reloading your gun and you switch it to pistol and the back to find that your smg is still empty and once again you need to reload...anyone have an idea if this is an in-game bug?

fishtank

Wow what did i start here?!

I thought that the sprint while shooting script seemed like a great idea. Is the script new lines that i add to my config? i could just try but im lazy and i really just want someone to tell me how to implement it in my config..

so can someone walk me through it without slagging me off?

phatbass

frog will love this lol imo sprint+attack is for wimps it takes more skill not to get hit without sprinting but im no pro nor do i play alot compared to most of you