• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Need a new config - anybody willing to help?

JustMe

As many of you know, I suck at playing ET, even though I enjoy it. (When you get to my age winning isn't everything)

I have just finished building up my new computer and have reinstalled ET and am using the basic config that comes with it, apart from a few very minor changes. Now, as The Admiral says "50% of your skill is in your config", I'd like somebody to help me to achieve that 50% :)

Any takers?

Antagonist

first of all admiral is an idiot and he is just trying to take the piss out of blusky with that comment, its a 100% fact that you will improve with a decent config it can literally bring a whole new world of et to your screen ( the 1st config i saw was mcspud's which compared to default is a complete trip out ). It also brings alot of stability to the game, especially on oz where there is alot of custom settings which use more resources then other servers. I spose i wont bore everyone with a 500 word death article that leads no where about configs, ill just say check google mate, names like Maus, Butchji, Squall, RiCo, try checking on www.gamestah.com things like that, im not hip to all the pro's these days and my config's been perfected for years so i havent really checked that many out.
and also its honestly not that hard to learn especially if your somewat computer savy, took me a matter of hours and a few google searches and i more or less had it sussed and believe me im a dumbass. :p
gl

p.s 50 euro if u want my config, pst me and ill send you paypal info k lol :p

nelots

JustMe said:
"50% of your skill is in your config", I'd like somebody to help me to achieve that 50% :)
Any takers?
Yup, an uber config will instantly improve your hand-eye coordination!!!

You should google for sites which explains each cvar then customize your own config. In the end it's something you'll need to tweak yourself because no-one else will fully understand your preferences.
Also the key is to make the game run as smooth as your computer can handle which will improve anyone's gameplay exponentially.
Finally if you have trouble with some cvars just ask, I'm pretty sure most of the nerds here will be able to help :)

Hicksy

yup best to find out what all the codes mean and do as each config in order to be at its maximum should be catored for individual pc specs, internet speed and user preference.

also u can try

http://returntocastlewolfenstein.filefr ... aker;42187

its a config maker. should make it easier for u. also explains whats what and tells u relitive fps of THAT config at the end.

Hope that helps

G

LOL!
can i have your config ank combined with some of flekz and bluskys and also a bit of phantoms and hicks and horries and everyone elses that is better then me... which is everyone :) pleaseeee!

Antagonist

Joy mate seriously you should know better, the combination of those configs into a perfect config is like finding the holy grail, that much power was simply never ment for man, i believe there is even a group of ppl sent from god to try and stop this. I believe there called christians :eek:

JustMe

Thanks for the help and links to those that offered positive suggestions

It's interesting to note some of the other comments like - "god make your own config" - if I knew how I wouldn't have asked would I. You don't need to be Einstein to work that one out now do you.

I suppose the biggest problem I have is understanding what is the optimal setting for what I am currently running now, computer wise, which is a whole new ball game from my old set up. I read different configs and sites and one says snaps 30, another says snaps 20......so confusion reigns. Given the vast amount of experience from within this clan/site I thought there would be a great deal of help available.

I have tried numerous things and usually end up cocking something up, like my current config, whenever I run over a weapon my weapon changes to binoc's. So anyway, A change of router this coming week to take advantage of any gains I might get out of being on ADSL2 and then I'll get back to trying out numerous different configurations...in the mean time if anyone else has any helpful hints it'd be appreciated.

nelots

^Everyone did help, they all told you to research and make your own, hell hicksey was nice enough to link you to a site with a config generator.
In the end its all about trial and error, tweaking to your own preferences otherwise what the point??? Just because you use a pro's config doesn't mean you'll instantly improve exponentially specially when their settings are different to yours.