• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Ping issues

JoKeR

Latley ive been getting 150+ ping on the OZ server and 200+ ping on ga7. I know that Fodder has the same problem and hes also based in NZ with Telstra as his isp. Just wondering how i should go about getting this fixed?

Bogan

Easy Joker every time you kill me, i make your ping increase by .01% so knock it off and ya ping will come down, Cheers Bogan

i0nwr1t3r

(DRUNK)Bogan said:
Easy Joker every time you kill me, i make your ping increase by .01% so knock it off and ya ping will come down, Cheers Bogan
You should be experiencing a 999 ping according to Bogan :p

I suggest asking your ISP , if they are a good one , they may help , if Telstra NZ is like Telstra Aus , "No Chance!"

Sorry , I shouldn't spam a support thread , that would be doing a Frogma! xD

Bucket

He's been killing me as well Ion and since that takes no skill at all that's what's bringing his ping back down again from the 999 :banana: :banana:

Trigger Happy

All you can do is phone them and see if they are doing something to your line.
Being Telstra, nothing will probably be done about it unless they are currently upgrading something and are routing you a different way while these things are being done.

Cheers

Joke :D

Do you have a wireless router and or multiple computers on the same network? Have you recently installed a new anti-virus program/similar program that has its own acces to the net?

It could also probably be something with your ISP, like upgrades so you're connection is being re-routed or whatever