• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Reg edit for smoother aiming

jowlzaahNZ

Removes acceleration in Windows, that effects your gaming aim.

Default: Faster you move mouse , further it goes
Fix: Distance Moved , Distance mouse goes no matter the speed

http://www.enemy-territory.net/tools/mousefix.reg

Copy and Paste that into a new notepad file and change the extension from .txt to .reg, open it up and click yes to add that registry.
Restart PC after all that.

Play.

If you don't like it i will post up a default to fix it all up

All Windows Versions

Props to RaZieL for the fix.

Last edited by a moderator:

i0nwr1t3r

Is this under xp or any windows o/s ?
I know Raziel is famous for his aiming guide so may be worth a look.

jowlzaahNZ

If you try to change your precision in control panel and it doesn't have a change when you change it, then you'll need to run that registry. Yes for Windows xp/vista/7

heres a cfg you might wanna try with it.
Warning: Makes graphics look shit, i have a terrible pc so i have really terrible graphic settings.

//jowlzaah CFG

cg_bloodflash 0
cg_fov 100
cg_bobup 0
cg_bobyaw 0
cg_bobroll 0
cg_bobpitch 0
cg_wolfparticles 0

r_gamma 2
r_picmip 3
r_subdivisions 999
r_lodbias 2
r_lodscale 5
r_lodcurveerror 250
r_stencilbits 0
r_colorbits 16
r_texturebits 16
r_texturemode gl_nearest

cl_maxpackets 100
snaps 20
rate 25000
com_maxfps 43

cl_mouseaccel 0
sensitivity 6.59
name ^7jowlzaah^6.^0maui

///Use this CFG ONLY with the ET Mouse ACCEL FIX and make sure that ENHANCED MOUSE PRECISION IS OFF
///Failure to do so will lead to abnormal mouse problems ingame
Just change name etc.
One thing, all though this whole reg gets rid of the acceleration and i turned it back on, this is because i like to control how much accel i get, because with windows you couldn't, turn it to 0 if you wish or change it to your liking.

McBain!!

Too much hard work i just stick with default with everything ,Boges
Try changin your crosshair at least Boges, default crosshair is not that great...

//Crosshair//
seta cg_drawcrosshair "5"
seta cg_crosshairsize "45"
seta cg_crosshaircolor "red"
seta cg_crosshairpulse "0"
seta cg_crosshairalpha "1.0"
seta cg_crosshairhealth "0"

Try it and stick with it, it will feel weird at first but your accuracy will definitely improve.

jowlzaahNZ

i forgot to add you must restart your computer after applying the mouse fix. and you will no longer have mouse acceleration no matter enhance or not, if you guys don't like it, i have a default reg for you to restore.

Bogan

my accuracy would not improve with Raziel himself coaching me and watching over my shoulder

jowlzaahNZ

Editted how to use it. Seems i mistaken some of the instructions until i realised when i reset my PC. Just reset it , no need to fiddle with mouse settings in control panel.

jowlzaahNZ

same thing to return back to normal txt file edit extension to .reg and restart after running it

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse]
"SmoothMouseXCurve"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,15,6E,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,40,\
01,00,00,00,00,00,29,DC,03,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,28,00,00,00,00,00
"SmoothMouseYCurve"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,B8,5E,01,00,00,00,00,00,CD,4C,\
05,00,00,00,00,00,CD,4C,18,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,38,02,00,00,00,00

Bandido

ET Moderator
Hhaha, what the hell are you talking about, cant even get my son out of bed let alone set this up for me. In saying that he did set something up for me but like you said graphics probs, really struggled to tell allies from axis so aborted.

Trigger Happy

Just a small warning, ensure that if you are doing RegEdits that you backup the registry key first and also double check that whatever you are editing is the right thing, or you could end up with an unhappy computer unwilling to turn on :)

Cheers

jowlzaahNZ

Hhaha, what the hell are you talking about, cant even get my son out of bed let alone set this up for me. In saying that he did set something up for me but like you said graphics probs, really struggled to tell allies from axis so aborted.
allies are the blury white pixels
axis are the black and grey blury pixels and the random blury pixels around you is the map :p

Marge

Try changin your crosshair at least Boges, default crosshair is not that great...

//Crosshair//
seta cg_drawcrosshair "5"
seta cg_crosshairsize "45"
seta cg_crosshaircolor "red"
seta cg_crosshairpulse "0"
seta cg_crosshairalpha "1.0"
seta cg_crosshairhealth "0"

Try it and stick with it, it will feel weird at first but your accuracy will definitely improve.
erm big crosshairs are good for close distance fights but once long out the window i tend to use 28-35 after using 48-44-40-38 till i found the right one size also depends on custom resoulution mines 1280 800 so graphic's arent streched.

Marge

if i try this jowl will it mess with my settings -_- not trying it with out 100 percent sure it will not crash my comp an ill be F***ED =\

-OZ-Marge.