• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Slac vs A/V

Joke :D

mcafee doesnt like it either,

Q: My antivirus blocks SLAC from either being downloaded or executed, how do I fix this?

SLAC is protected against analyizing in order to make it harder for the cheat developers to analyze how the anticheat works. For the same reason some of the automated analyzes, performed by the antivirus software, fail, and the antivirus may announce a possible threat. If that happens, it's a false positive! SLAC files are clean and do not contain malware.

To solve this problem, you need to either disable your antivirus or, preferably, add anticheat files to the antivirus exceptions list. The relevant directories are the one you extracted slac archive to and %APPDATA%\SLAnticheat\. If you don't know how to do it, consult the help file of your antivirus.

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
Because it injects itself into the et.exe, just as most malware does to other applications when infecting.

i0nwr1t3r

Righto guys , cheers , was thinking I had a corrupted version of Slac or something. :(

Will set a/v to ignore that file , didn't know about the auto-injection , makes sense when you put it that way!
Will my a/v get excited everytime Slac updates & the signature changes ya reckon?

Cheers

i0n

Fraggle

Abit late but...
My a/v doesnt see an issue with slac!

Your is just over sensative Ion :rnade:
As to your last q...
No once its been told to ignore it will!(that includes if the program is updated/changed!)
KIT get the same with some offline trainers due to the injectiing into the exe!

Thanx
Fraggle

i0nwr1t3r

A/V went off again , I can't be sure if it is every time the a/v updates it sees it as a new threat or if it is when Slac updates , I set it to always ignore beforehand.
That'll learn me for using a free a/v !!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Cheers

i0n