• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

The Forums just got funnier...

Frawgmah

I dunno man. It seems to me there are some forum admins that are, shall we say, over-zealous (god I'm clever). They are deleting my posts for no reason!! Case-in-point, I received this message from cccdfern (great name that is btw):

cccdfern said:
basically, keep the off-topic posts out of the Terraria section, your post is clearly not for the purpose of the topic, any further such posts shall be deleted.
Off-topic? Here is what I posted in a thread entitled Corruption vs players:

cccdfern said:
It has come to attention that some players feel that we should begin again as the corruption has got out of hand. This thread is here so that it may be discussed at length, where the in-game chat really does not suffice.

Keep it clean and legible. any spam shall be deleted (eg. saying 'k' or quoting but posting nothing else)

Frawgmah said:
Botswana faced a similar problem with corruption. But by implementing some preventative measures, it is now the least corrupt country in Africa according to the corruption watchdog, Transparency International.

The poster on the wall in the arrivals hall at Gaborone Airport is a clear pointer: "Botswana has ZERO tolerance for corruption. It is illegal to offer or ask for a bribe," it reads.

Lebang Mpotokwane, chairman of Transparency International in Botswana, says that in a fast-growing economy, there are temptations, but the government has led by example.

"The government is forever preaching to the nation about corruption, and I can't think of any corruption involving government ministers," he says.

I think OZ should use Botswana as an example when tackling its own corruption issue. Some things you might like to consider doing:
  • Use education to crack down on corruption in children from an early age.
  • Use a media campaign to make sure corruption remains a key focus in the community.
  • Implement a special task force dedicated to eliminating corruption in our society.
  • Let previous culprits serve as an example to others.
By following such examples we could, like Botswana, become another success story and potentially become the least corrupt server in all of Terraria.
Please explain how my post, which clearly discusses the central theme of the thread (corruption), which identifies a previous example of corruption, and which gives some techniques to combat corruption, could ever be accused of being off-topic?? Furthermore, the post was "clean and legible" and certainly contained no spam.

From analysing the actions taken by cccdfern I have concluded that he is:
  • Ill-suited for the job
  • 12 years old
  • Corrupt.
Case closed.

Last edited by a moderator:

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
It was off topic the post was not deemed apropriate for that topic deeling with a game not corruption in society so there for the deletion

Frawgmah

That's like saying that in a topic about cricket you aren't allowed to talk about 20-20 cricket because it's a different variation.

According to the United Nations: "Corruption takes many forms, including government officials charging bribes for transporting goods across the border, corruption found in Terraria, and extorting protection payments."

They are all variations of the same things and need to be dealt with in the same way! The sooner you realise this, the safer our server will be. If you think I will stand idly but while you put the lives of hundreds of characters at risk you are very much mistaken. You're selling us all down the river!!

And why the hell did I get a warning for that post?! Has the corruption spread to the entire OZ leadership team?!! Dear god... it's worse than I could have ever imagined.

G-Train

I not only found Frog's comments to be on topic, it also educated me on the subject matter.

I salute you good sir.

Thats Not What that Section is For, If You came around to the Minecraft division and did the same thing... It would be deleted as well
Because While it does not have a direct reference to the game it is rather off topic!