• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Who's going to Uni?

Rainbow1

2010, A new year filled with hopes and dreams, waiting to be shattered.

WHOS GOING TO UNI?!
I just finished my enrollments for 2nd year and already I want to /quit

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
Well I think uni starts sometime near the end of this month.. I have only set dates for two subjects so far.. the other two still aren't available for signon yet. Damn UQ and their changing of dates with everything so quickly. Well my semester 2 so far is looking like 4 subjects (all I can do) filled with maths courses :(. Looking much more towards 2,3,4,5 year, they have much more exciting things to do. I think its quite silly how the dual degree is over populated with one of the courses so much that in the first year you only get one subject out of 8 of the recessive subject.

Death_Reincarnated

LOL already you want to quit? why?

My course has one of the worst conversion rates of starters to graduates. We started of with 80 or so people and in the first year it dropped to half by the end of it. At the end of the second year we were left with another half or so students qualifying for third year. In the end only 16 graduated in first three years..and i think 4 of them were Double Degree students.

The following years the ENTER was increased do to too many student failing lol.

Rainbow1

Because the site lags hard with so many people trying to enrol at the same time, and I always end up getting terrible times for my tutorials and labs.

The Admiral

UQ ftw. Our site doesn't suck.

Oh hey BR, Dani's (from Academy) step-dad is one of the head IT Services guys at UQ.

Also, we have a sign on time for CSSE1001 Tutorial now too. 20/02 9:30AM I think.

Have you set up your UQ email address? I've already got 5 emails (3 for ELEC1000, 2 for ENGG1000), so you might have more.

Think I'll apply for a program change either mid-way through this year, or beginning of next year, and pick up Computer Science. It has lots of really fun looking subjects. http://www.uq.edu.au/study/plan_display ... COSCIX2030 Lots of my electives from Engineering.

Any UQ alumni on here?

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
noobItUp said:
Wot are is your double degree BR?
Computer Engineering / Bachelor of IT. I hope for it too be very fun, although as per previous first year is looking pretty gritty at the moment.

Rainbow said:
Because the site lags hard with so many people trying to enroll at the same time, and I always end up getting terrible times for my tutorials and labs.
I must agree there, especially at peak opening times for some of the lectures and tuts.

The Admiral said:
UQ ftw. Our site doesn't suck.

Oh hey BR, Dani's (from Academy) step-dad is one of the head IT Services guys at UQ.

Also, we have a sign on time for CSSE1001 Tutorial now too. 20/02 9:30AM I think.

Have you set up your UQ email address? I've already got 5 emails (3 for ELEC1000, 2 for ENGG1000), so you might have more.

Think I'll apply for a program change either mid-way through this year, or beginning of next year, and pick up Computer Science. It has lots of really fun looking subjects. http://www.uq.edu.au/study/plan_display ... COSCIX2030 Lots of my electives from Engineering.

Any UQ alumni on here?
Wow really...mmm... Chances are we won't have him though knowing my luck :). Also being speed limited it seems terrible to even try and access the site it just freezes mid way and then hitting f5 starts it all over again.. its like the UQ site won't allow caching or something.

The Admiral

Rainbow said:
170k after finishing my degree is also much fun :)
What course are you doing?

And yeah, like Cheekz said, your tax is going to be horrible.

BR: http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=17681

Dani's step-dad dude runs their site and network and stuff, he isn't a professor/lecturer/tutor/teaching staff guy.

I thought that their site was caching. It'd load most of the page instantly, then slowly load the actually content part of the sign on page for me.

nelots

The Admiral said:
And yeah, like Cheekz said, your tax is going to be horrible.
Pfftttt, the tax on $170k this year is about $55k without deductions......... thats peanuts!!! just wait until you hit the $180,001 income bracket :S