• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

why ATB is gay.

Antagonist

pretty self explanatory.. its very gay.. "The Axis team is too good, please join the camped newbs on allies" yeah! nah.... id rather go spec...
i don't see how this is a good thing... if this is the answer for no sk then for gods sake bring no sk back... because this is bullshit.. i got moved 3 times... in like 5 minutes...
I Thought OZ was all about "Game play" atb is the ruiner of fun, the 24/7 trigger happy if u would, people come to play with there mates and have some fun etc.. sif ruin everyone's fun with a team change every 2 minutes... its sucks guys..

Id rather a NO SK then the server to be completely dictated by some stupid program...

Hicksy

rofl how did i know this was your post just from reading the title?

anyways man i think its just temp and they are working on exactly your issue.

they are trying to limit the amount of times you can be moved per map so u dont cop that in future.

hang in there man. its only day one and there will be teething problems.

Antagonist

fair enough... buts its a stupid unnecessary program... and if ppl dont give feedback how will you know :p
you always have a admin or ref present, which will always take upon themselves to shuffle if the deem it fit...
so i dont see why u need this thing.... and allies had 7 ppl axis had 4 and i had to go allies........ WTF!!!

in summing up
ATB smokes hella amounts of shaft and should be removed... Server was and has always been fine without that...

G

ank, i would like to kindly ask yu once again to watch how you post. i know that carpe or cpdm whatever you wanna call yourselves may be made up of elite players but could you plase respect the fact that this is our OZ SERVER! and seeing how the majority of cpdm is always on our server, i would like you to be a bit more respectful. I acknowledge that the moving and shifting may be an inconvenience to you but we are in between changes and nothing will help us move more smoothly than your constructive criticsm and support. So please bear with it and try and watch your tone. I seem to always see you use "trigger happy" and i am not quite fond of it actually because its not fair to target any person out member or non member. You may be much better than most of us but that doesnt mean we have to keep you, run off to your GA if you are going to start crap.

Take this as a nice smiley warning, thanks.

P.S as for the rest of cpdm, the same goes to you - be kind or go away

Antagonist

ok firstly this isnt a shot at anyone... no where did i mention anyone's incompetence... nor was my "tone" anywhere near offensive..
you if had bothered to read the posts i was giving them some criticism on what could be improved..

and trigger aint a little girl he can cop a bit of a joke like he always has, he and everyone else knew it was in jest, but as usual u didnt...
no point carry on about you tho... goes no where.. not really interested in randoms anyhow..

Trigger Happy

The options are simple, either ATB stays or you let admins move you to the other team themselves.
As much fun as it is for you, rose, gtrain and mess etc to stack a team, the other team usually has little chance. The only one I really see that doesn't care where he is most of the time is flekz. If you guys just broke up once in a while and evened out the teams we wouldn't need ATB. You know yourself how easy it is for you guys to take out just about whatever bunch of pubs come against you when even 3 of you sharp shooters are on one team, so why not mix it up a bit?
If you were annoyed before about ATB moving you, the changes I am making are targeted at moving the top K/D players which are the likes of you, rose, gtrain etc. If you don't want to be moved by ATB you should look at start moving to balance yourselves and staying on that team. I have seen you guys get moved and then go spec, waiting for a spot to open back up on the team you came from and that is really being a poor sport.
So in case you didn't want to read all that and skipped to here, it's ATB or Admin decision as the options.

Cheers

nelots

ATB is horrible, it's not meant to be used on XP save forever servers.
No matter how you try to modify the function there's always a way to manipulate it to undermine your changes so turn it off and only allow knowledgeable mods/admins to switch players around.

Make sure its only once within the first 5mins of a map though.

G-Train

As much fun as it is for you, rose, gtrain and mess etc to stack a team
Bah, im always allies as i prefer the colts over lugers. Axis, 90% of the time is the dominant team.

meh, might start playing as axis a bit more then.

Death_Reincarnated

You know what was funny last night...

An Axis team member and I were shooting up one Ally...my team member got to the Ally first and killed him around the corner...I come to help out and med pack my team mate but he DISSAPEARED!!! I thought the bermuda triangle gulped him up but then I remembered a stronger force being in the presence on this server....much stronger then the likes of the "bermuda triangle"...yes people im talking about the evil presence...the darkest most hideous to the imagination force known to man...even more evil than Dr.Evils mini-me...........................ATB!

This force is so great that when you try to counteract it, it tells you...NICELY... 'You have been moved by ATB, please stay on that side.'

Trigger Happy

nelots said:
ATB is horrible, it's not meant to be used on XP save forever servers.
No matter how you try to modify the function there's always a way to manipulate it to undermine your changes so turn it off and only allow knowledgeable mods/admins to switch players around.

Make sure its only once within the first 5mins of a map though.
They can't counteract it in that map, so they can sit in spec all day and wait for the next map if they want. Then when they move back again they will probably be moved again if the teams are stacked. People will either get used to evening the teams or sitting in spec :p
If we switch players it would be anytime during the map bar the last five minutes of the map. Lots of people join during a map and that is when they see X person on this team and join that team and the trend continues.
I actually have no idea how my changes will perform, I can see ATB actually skitzing out hardcore due to the way the calculations are made and how the move is based on. However, it will be tried for a period first and if it is still found to be craptastic then we will look at other solutions, such as admin discretion to move people.

Cheers

nelots

-OZ-Trigger Happy said:
They can't counteract it in that map, so they can sit in spec all day and wait for the next map if they want. Then when they move back again they will probably be moved again if the teams are stacked. People will either get used to evening the teams or sitting in spec :p
If we switch players it would be anytime during the map bar the last five minutes of the map. Lots of people join during a map and that is when they see X person on this team and join that team and the trend continues.
I actually have no idea how my changes will perform, I can see ATB actually skitzing out hardcore due to the way the calculations are made and how the move is based on. However, it will be tried for a period first and if it is still found to be craptastic then we will look at other solutions, such as admin discretion to move people.

Cheers
Players can easily manipulate whatever you're trying by stats who.ring. Deliberately dying to lower their k/d's so they won't be changed over and etc.
You should look into switching players based on smg accuracy, if you can ignore the first 100shots fired and calculate possible changes there after.

Trigger Happy

Well we will see how it goes. If people deliberately try and circumvent it then I will just add changes and won't tell people next time so they can sit around and figure out how it is being done.

Cheers

Flekzor

i agree i am yet to play on the server with atb but i assume it is gay.

and lol at for some reason i was in the good books for once GG.

Joke :D

ATB sucks! I mean what is this!?!

All the good players CANT BE ON THE SAME TEAM!!

This is a crime, shame on you OZ!

/sarcasm.

blusky

When 8/9 players on the axis team are good and 3/9 on the allied team are good and ATB says it's fair, something is wrong.

Frogma

Flekzor said:
and lol at for some reason i was in the good books for once GG.
I read that with confusion too. Don't they realise you're part selfish, part rude and all bastard? How did you trick them? Tell me your secrets!

blusky

stfu flik u pepper blowfly dirty chewbacca rockspider parrot blowfly turkey bark darth breathin twat.

But seriously it's gotta be fixed pretty soon - some players have to wait a while before they can even join at all. Fresh players that have just connected.