• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Windows 7

fliqpar

I know that this has been discussed previously on GA forums a few times. But it was a while ago.

Has anything been sorted for Et - punkbuster - windows 7?

I lost my computer to a drunk guy who tipped a bottle of wine over it now i have a nice lappy with a 42 inch plasma hdmi and i want et back however im not going to bother downloading and reinstalling everything if 7 still isnt compatible. does anyone know anything or a way round it?

Cheers

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
As far as I know Win7 is pretty much the same as Vista (which I run) so you just need to run ET as admin so pb has the privs to scrape your mem.

Nico.

I have windows 7 (32 BIT) and i havnt had any issues with PB or ET so you should be ok :)

i have also done what i0n has done... that UAC gets anoying..

even when i had the UAC ON i still had no problems

cheers nico

phatbass

yeh tbh i dunno what the guys were on that were having problems but win7,vista all run fine with et first thing i did though was turn uac off i dont want to have to click allow to watch ze pr0n or allow any kind of virus in lmao but just turn uac off if ya need more help just ask its easy and just needs a restart

phatbass

lol yeh just turn it off it removes the need to run things as admin and gets rid of the allow or deny shit

phatbass

its for your average joe who has no idea and all that protection crap you and i shouldnt need it