• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

COD?

Trigger Happy

nelots said:
Why re-invent the wheel when theres already a LMS mod or a complete CS/COD styled mod called True Combat Elite.
Yeah but the thing is that TCE is a lot different, and a massive download. My version would be a simple client update with some server changes for some laughs. AFAIK TCE doesn't have the objectives thing etc etc and besides people still want to play familiarish maps so it would be very much like the ET we know and love but with some tweaks to see what kind of effects it has on gameplay. I am totally open to it being a complete and utter rage fest at the mod, but I thought it would be interesting to see how a day of ET would go with things such as insta-spawn and things like that. It would just shift the whole dynamic of the game and I don't know if that would be a complete failure or complete win or a complete lol fest.

Cheers

nelots

Still don't know why you'll want to create a new mod when all the proposed changes you suggested can be changed through server cvars except the hitbox thing.
Eitherway, insta-spawns will fail with the normal maps but do implement a new weapon... the headbutt and name if after zidane that deals 100dmg :)

Trigger Happy

nelots said:
Still don't know why you'll want to create a new mod when all the proposed changes you suggested can be changed through server cvars except the hitbox thing.
Eitherway, insta-spawns will fail with the normal maps but do implement a new weapon... the headbutt and name if after zidane that deals 100dmg :)
Not all of these things can be done through the config. Some of them have to be done via code hence the reason for a new update. Client side might actually not need to be touched so it could be easier to slip onto the server with no one knowing for lols :p

Cheers