• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Intelligence VS Religion

Intelligence VS Religion

• Christianity is the only way to get to heaven

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beer smokes drugs puccy violence

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flekzor

religion is for the weak minded u cant accept responsibilty for there own actions. or understand the universe.

feel free to post ur thorts so i can tear your religious beliefs to shreds.

micky

Ae you forgot the religion of music.
and religion is more than beleiving in a "higher power".
Its Called FAITH. Where you put your faith defines your beleifs. no?

Flekzor

there is nothing wrong with Faith. Religion is the problem get argument striaght before coming to the master.

micky

But faith is the foundation of religion.
Hell faith defines your religion so if there is a problem with religion then there is a problem with faith.

P.s. Your dealing with an obsessed master of this argument.

JoKeR

Faith has no logic. The fact is christians worship a book written thousands of years ago

Flekzor

i believe that i will finishing writing this sentance without ne major mishaps happening ... doesnt make it deffinant but that is still BELIEF

micky

-OZ-JoKeR said:
Faith has no logic. The fact is christians worship a book written thousands of years ago
Thats just misplaced faith. I have faith that the music i buy will be excellent music.
Faith has logic mayb you just dont understand it.

Baker Street said:
"If God did not exist it would be necessary to invent him"
- Voltaire 1770
Only to explain what science hasnt already explained and for political purposes and personal gain.
Look what the vatican got for there god. Priceless artifacts and riches.

Flekzor

necesary only to protect the weak and simple minded that cannot understand there own potential and power that they hold on the world around them and to ATTEMPT TO TRICK THE AVERAGE into been controlled by FEAR of punishment for going against such a god.

If god is so just and fair and all this bullshit ..... how would he deal with extremist muslems who 100% BELIEVE WAT THEY ARE DOING IS RIGHT BY THIER GOD they DONT KNOW NE DIFFERENT so how could god judge them for killing innocent people when wat they did in there own minds was completly right and true but then again wouldnt he have to judge them becos they BROKE the 10 COMMANDMENTS and NEVER asked for forgivness????

LOGIC GOTTA LOVE IT

micky

Flekzor said:
If god is so just and fair and all this bullshit ..... how would he deal with extremist muslems who 100% BELIEVE WAT THEY ARE DOING IS RIGHT BY THIER GOD they DONT KNOW NE DIFFERENT so how could god judge them for killing innocent people when wat they did in there own minds was completly right and true but then again wouldnt he have to judge them becos they BROKE the 10 COMMANDMENTS and NEVER asked for forgivness????

LOGIC GOTTA LOVE IT
*Sigh*
That is a conflict of beliefs not faiths.
Muslims have diff BELIEFS to Christians or any other religion for that matter.
Faith is more a measure of how much that person lives by those beliefs.
The more faith the a person has the stricter they will follow these Beliefs.
i.e i have very strong faith in music ethics. therefore i will not download music as it would be against my beliefs.

Flekzor

im not sure u understand the meaning of the word FAITH

to be sure of what u hope for certain of wat u do not see.....

so ur going against logic to say ur CERTAIN it will be good ...... u can never be certain of wat the future holds...

Sunncaeks

I believe that this thread is lame and holds no real importance or values.
I believe that this will get no where fast. This is by far the worst religious debate I've ever seen.

I'll stay over here with my apatheism and Nihilism, kthnx.

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
I once argued the point for hours and I came to this conclusion. Being a non believer of any "after life" when you die there is no chance of you going to heaven or atleast you don't have hope to move on to a "better place". However if you do believe that there is a place for you after then your up 1+ and there is a possibliity taht you may. Its better to have the possibility then not to have anything at all.

At the end of the day whatever you are, its just best to try your hardest and live life to its fullest and try to make a difference. No point being a drone in society and following the rest of the croud, it takes you nowhere but behind the other people standing in line.

If your in a religion to worship a book or a god then what is your purpose for that, if you in a religion to uphold values and beliefs then I think that is what you should look towards. I've been told a million times that there is no point going to church every day if your a total prick to everyone aruond you and have no respect for anyone, its like washing a car and pouring mud over it.

Your sposed to learn a lesson or a value and use those skills/values/lessons in your own personal life.

I just don't quite get imo, where the respect comes from or how your a man if your a terrorist bomber.. I was told by a kid that it shows your man hood. But I don't see how killing yourself and others show your man hood. I admit I have never looked deep enough into any other religion then christianity but I cannot see the logic in it.

In summary if you live your life to your best and try your hardest and can help those around you and try to make a difference taht is waht life is about it. It really isn't intelligence vs religion

Cheers, BR

Flekzor

exactly uve gotta look at all walks of human life to understand that one religion cant be right and another be wrong when a starving kid in africa has never even pharking head of jesus ... will he still get forgiven .....
when i was 9 PHARKING 9 i asked wats the answer to life my old man told me "whats the pharking question"

for ur slow people out there questioning life will get u no where so thinking about an AFTERLIFE is just dumb and a waste of thought so fucking open ur eyes and realise that this is it.

and i started this thread merly to poke fun at religious beliefs of ne kind not for a debate becos it wont be a debate it will be a one sided thrashing with intelligence prevailing over all

Belief is a human disease and is highly infectious. Flekz 2009

Trigger Happy

Wow there is just so much to tear apart here I just don't know where to start.
I'll leave the first couple of posts, I think it was established about the connection between faith and religion. So lets start here:
Flekzor said:
necesary only to protect the weak and simple minded that cannot understand there own potential and power that they hold on the world around them and to ATTEMPT TO TRICK THE AVERAGE into been controlled by FEAR of punishment for going against such a god.

LOGIC GOTTA LOVE IT
Your post here kind of delves into quite a few issues that I am sure you are unaware of. It depends on which religion you talk about to what consequences would happen to that "extreme muslim", if it were Christianity, the general consensus is that he will go to hell but in saying that none of us are here to judge and only God knows where he will go, if it were Muslim, he would go to heaven and get 50 virgins or something. The thing is here, you actually have no idea about the Muslim religion and whether or not this is true. There are extremists in any faith/organisation/political party anywhere that take one snippet of something and take this as truth. Clearly these are flawed values as if you accept one part of something, it seems very hard to reject the rest. Furthermore, you also must have zero idea about the Christian faith as the ten commandments do not apply to this day and age, they were under what is called the old covenant (basically applied to those back in those times). People from Jesus' time onwards are under a new covenant that is a little different. That being said, the commandments stand, but under the old covenant if you broke one you could not go to heaven without sacrifices (or something etc can't remember 100%) whereas now we can repent and be forgiven due to Jesus' sacrifice.
So that was going off the point a little, but since you are just throwing stuff out there I thought I would correct you. Moving on now. The Muslim dude you were talking about being right in his own mind, well that doesn't always make it right either. If you think it is OK to steal, does that make it right? If you have to steal to feed your family because they are about to die, does that make it right? These are all questions that pertain to many different beliefs and ideologies such as Utilitarianism, Altruism and Hedonism etc. Now I won't bore you about what they are because it is actually quite a bit of reading and I take it you aren't the kind of guy who likes to read much. Basically what I am saying here is that no matter what you believe in, you are believing in something. Faith is always there behind whatever it is you believe albeit science, religion, politics etc and your arguments are not specifically against religion being flawed, it is about a certain view of something being flawed. When it comes down to your view vs someone else's view, there is no winner and only long debates. You cannot prove that my view is wrong and I cannot prove your view is wrong, we can only prove or disprove points on issues with each.
Moving on a little to your further post about blind = flawed, everyone has blind faith in something. Whatever you cannot prove 100% is faith in a form. Several years ago they thought the world was flat, does that mean the world was stupid and flawed because they believed in one thing that turned out later to be false? Same again with light where many thought it was a particle and others a wave when we found out it is actually both (and who knows what we may find it to be in the future). So I reiterate again, your argument is just a spiral of misunderstanding of the topic you are talking about. Read up on a few of these points I brought up in this epic wall of text and you may learn some interesting things :)

Cheers

Fraggle

Religion, drugs, alcholo etc... are all crutches

You believe or have faith that it will make you feel better, be better etc...

Unfortunatly the only thing that can make you feel better or be better is yourself!

Just like Control is an illusion, no-one has real control of anything, even down to your remote control you might think you can control the tv with it ... well you can till the batteries go flat then you lose control so the original control is an illusion

You may think God or Buhda etc... will help save you or find a way for you to achieve whatever your goal is ... illusion, the only way any of it will happen is if you get up and do it yourself but dont think you are incontrol!

Insaying all of that, if your religion or "crutch" helps you get throught your life, then by all means go ahead!

(I also have my "crutch" I believe in a universal force that governs all our actions and you reap what you sow, for those not getting what im on about im talking about Karma, What goes around comes around, be-careful what you sow...)

Status
Not open for further replies.