• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

New Map Selection - Have Your Say - Vote Now - 03-2010

Vote For Your Preferred Choice Of Map From This List

• El Kef

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arhabeach TE

• MP Assault

• mo_Decerto

• King of the Radio TE

• CAHA Tavern

• Total voters

Trigger Happy

morbit said:
ok now how did sapberpeak come into this conversation :shock:

-OZ-SkankyMoe said:
[quote="-OZ-Trigger Happy":1uq8mgl3]Warbell or saberpeak take your pick ;)

Cheers
I hate both, Im easy either way, Flip a coin, I dun care :cry:
agree except don't flip coin get some taste and swap for good map :-)[/quote:1uq8mgl3]

Taste is subjective. Why is your map choice considered more tasteful than mine?

Cheers

The Admiral

Warbell > Saberpeak. Throw in something cool instead though. Haven't seen Stalingrad in forever. Sottevast? No idea what has been in your rotations, but try getting something ancient and forgotten. Crevasse b1?

Oh, Cathedral! Awesome old map. Lots of fun. Haven't a clue what the objective is, but I remember getting a half decent KD on it generally. It's pretty much everything but F Ops and Covy friendly.

morbit

Taste is subjective. Why is your map choice considered more tasteful than mine?
didnt say it was, but saberpeak was not a suggestion at all in this lol

and both maps really are terrible, even skanky agrees, as im sure a lot of others do too :-)

pop cathedral in for lols, has a couple of choke points but has multiple paths so is usually good for ggz
was a favourite back in my day ;) when i was but a weeee lad

SkankyMoe

morbit said:
both maps really are terrible, even skanky agrees
Even though everyone blames me for the map selections, I dont get my own way with map choices.
Majority choice always wins, in the past its typicaly been decided amongst OZ Members and asking
some regs on the server, Now this new approach we are trying to get more input from everyone.

Regardless, thanks to everyone for participating in this thread and throwing suggestions and feedback out there.
Keep it coming, will revise the current maps tomorrow and Friday, probly make some alterations by Friday night.
Then once any changes are locked in, the new rotation will stay fixed for the whole next month then we will go
threw this process with some tweaks for the following map selections and so on in the future.

Cheers :cool:

Death_Reincarnated

^^^Are you saying there will be no map selection between maps??? (you mentioned the new rotation will stay fixed)

On that note I dont know but it might be nice to try and allow people to select maps before the next one is played but in the way that the total number of votes in a month would mean a rotation of say 10-12 maps in the next months rotation, not actually selecting which map to play next but which ones to play next month.

Just a thought.

SkankyMoe

Here is a look at the current map stats, any changes/suggestions, let me know.
Looking to replace Warbell and Caen4 possibly with Flughafen & TheTown

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know the numbers suggest that I am on my own here, but I really like the 'bell.

Its one of my all time fave maps. Playing as either axis or allies.

Save teh Bell!

i0nwr1t3r

It's off topic so I'll apologize in advance but,getting rid of maps where axis has to attack & do an objective?

Rofl, that is Gold!!! :)

Death_Reincarnated

Bring back ET_Depot. Not the 21MB version but the 7MB version which is really a copy of the RTCW map. The 21MB detered alot of people but it really is a good map with dual objective so both sides need to cover and attack.

I'm glad Assault (RTCW convert) is played because its another good map.

ET_Village is a good one but has alot of pathswhich made people confused but im sure if you gave it time you would enjoy it.

RTCW maps were really good IMO.

I don't understand how majority of the original maps are getting played when the statistics clearly indicate they are crap. Please get rid of battery/railgun/radar. For all those who say they are good then go to GA and play them. There are far better maps that we can play than these.

SkankyMoe

-OZ-i0nwr1t3r said:
getting rid of maps where axis has to attack & do an objective
Its all about keeping "STAXIS" real dude, havent ya noticed the total confusion if axis have an objective other than camping allies spawn :lol:

blusky

For once i agree with everything you said death...apart from calling radar bad - it's one of the best maps in all aspects of gameplay.

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
blusky said:
For once i agree with everything you said death...apart from calling radar bad - it's one of the best maps in all aspects of gameplay.
Same opinion here, Radar has the possibility of good team work to be unitized effectively. Warbell, is currently a good map, liked by a lot of poeple, its a bit low due to it just coming back into he rotation recently, (don't tell anyone but its Skanky's favourite!). Caen 4 I reckon we leave it for a while longer. Just let things with the current maps just ease their way on down the road and see in a few more weeks how things pan out, Maybe reset the stats so they are all on the same plan of things.