• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Weapon Damage POLL

What do you think of the new Weapon Damage Values

• Total voters

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
In response to this thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4474

It has been a change in that the values for weapons have been altered, in summary to that post, if you not too interested in reading the details.. due to xp save and thus the elevated health with all classes due to level 4, the damage of all weapons were equally increased to keep up with the change of health. This is to get an indication of what you think.

If you vote for need some more tweaking or they are terrible then please leave a message below as to WHY you have that poll if you would please to help us analyze the issues of your concerns.

Kind Regards, BR

Blackhawk

Seems good so far, however there is still the concern with sten. It just seems to be too powerful for what it is. I'm probably wrong
but it just seems that one covy with a sten has the ability to wipe multiple players too quickly. The sten was a silenced mg during WW2
and its predominint failing was that it overheated very quickly. Back in the day most of the settings were historically pretty accurate and
that enhanced the ET experience.

morbit

i voted terrible as this was most accurate option available.

my reason why is in previous topic.

having more health just means you don't die as quick all equally increased and at same ratio, does not solve issue of apparent medic overpowering and arty spam only makes them kill quicker again

bloodnut

ET Moderator
Hi

Well I've had a bit of a hiatus from ET but these r my thoughts from tonight's play. I know it's not currently active, but a big NO to the red needle. Medics need to be handing out pax not OPing themselves. Rnade damage: massively OP. I think this needs to be decreased. Apart from that I couldn't c any otha probs. :)

Addendum: the American server I play has faults, but enforced resetting of XP once you reach 40K seems like a good idea. Just a thought.

morbit

if anyone is interested i have changed the settings on my server to match ones suggested, however i can not give ip or name here as that would be advertising. (unless br doesn't mind)

but as a test server you can use it too get an idea of the difference between "default" and current settings on oz

there are some minor variations to default as i have set it with the changes i suggested.(view my previous posts)

this post is more for dev team or admins but might be useful for others to get an idea of the differences as well

morbit

sorry double post, was having fiddle round with the values for the medicselfhealtime and "2500" (2.5sec) would be a much better value, slows em down without restricting them too much.

and you also connect with 4 stars for all classes to mimic having bucketloads of xp :-) to be more accurate an indication of what it would be like if implemented on oz (xpsave forever)

FIGJAM

1. Get rid of xp save
2. Return to default values

Problem solved.

Seems the only thing this achieves is endless tweaking and whining and tweaking and whining when it was fine to begin with.

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
One problem with getting rid of xp save figgy, since we no longer have a standard x map rotation, when do you reset everyone's xp?

After X number of maps?
After each map?
On the 3rd tuesday of the month following a full moon during a year when vernal equinox falls on a saturday?

morbit

no need to remove the xpsave really if the settings were returned to default with only a few minor tweaks (there is a server set up with these values for you to test), but if think necessary change it to 8 hourxpsave, that way once disconected for more then 8 hours xp resets, my personnel opinion is 3 day xpsave allows ppl to build a fair bit but there will always be a time when you cant connect for couple of days and therefore xp resets.
this should keep xp at reasonable levels although some ppl do have no lives and play almost constantly :D which could be fixed with an xpcap