• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

A drumming GOD!

G-Train

Rick allen used a drum machine, respect for 1 arm drumming but thats kinda like cheating.

And sif bag Master of Puppets, Kids these days..... :?

Sunncaeks

Hey, I didn't say it was a bad album, I just said it was overrated. :p
Pumping Battery is always good fun.

Lol @ Muppets.

Inglourious Basterd

-OZ-pancakefan said:
[quote="Inglourious Basterd":3q4v04gs]Trouble,
THE BEST band in any of your posts by far.[/quote:3q4v04gs]

Thats your opinion.....In my opinion they're sh.it.

Some people like oysters....some dont.

Some of led zepps number ARE heavy metal full stop.

micky said:
OMG ffs.

First off. LED ZEPPELIN ARE NOT HEAVY METAL.

they are half blues influenced rock and half acoustic(folk and blues)
i should know this as i have 8 of there nine studio albums on cd and listen alot to them regularly.
lol@ "I should Know" haha....well I should know to, I have all of there albums and I dont just listen to them,
I play them on my guitars like ive been doing for years.

SOME OF THERE NUMBERS ARE HEAVY METAL FFS

Sunncaeks

Wowee. Of course It's my opinion. I'm the one who said it.

Also, instead of just saying "they're sh!t" care to actually tell me why you think that?

Being one of the pioneers of Doom Metal, I just happen to love their work. Psalm 9 is surely a great classic. And that opening riff to The Tempter? Amazing.

Inglourious Basterd

-OZ-pancakefan said:
Wowee. Of course It's my opinion. I'm the one who said it.

Also, instead of just saying "they're sh!t" care to actually tell me why you think that?
OK edit- They're sh.it in my opinion, I dont like DOOM.

Happy?

Sunncaeks

You could have left out the "in my opinion." Stating that you don't like Doom, however, fits more along the lines of why you think it's sh!t.

So, yes. You could say that I am happy.

Sunncaeks

I'm glad that's out of the way. xD

Just curious, since Black Sabbath was highly influential on Doom Metal, you do like their early works though, right? O___o;

Inglourious Basterd

-OZ-pancakefan said:
Just curious, since Black Sabbath was highly influential on Doom Metal, you do like their early works though, right? O___o;
Yea, Black Sabbath have had a substantial influence on my music, got most of their work.
I used to like their, shall we say DOOMISH numbers way back, but not really into it anymore.

In fact I used to thrash BS to death to the point where I got sick of it :roll:

Sunncaeks

Oh, well that's a shame. Lol. Their first 5 albums are definitely their best. :3 (Yes, I know this is my opinion, lol.) I even found Paranoid and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath on vinyl. :D Black Sabbath is truly genius. Songs like War Pigs, The Wizard, Paranoid, Iron Man, Electric Funeral, Hand of Doom, Sweet Leaf, Children of the Grave, Into the Void, A National Acrobat, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Cornucopia, etc (we could go on here, really) are all timeless clasics. x]

Not to forget that A National Acrobat has possibly one of the coolest (and my most favourite) riffs in all of Metal.

Antagonist

haha yeah, i love starting killer topics! but metallica are not overrated at all and its easy to tell alot of the slower stuff is influenced by Johnny Cash but man.... there absolutely amazing live.. having seen them only once live, and being the proud owner of "binge and Purge" which is a wicked collection of early live gigs.. you cant dis there game (new stuff aside) and the way they get the crowd going.. you just dont see that kinda love anymore..

micky

Speaking of metallica live whos heard them do a fantastic version of One with a full orchestra behind them.
Thats just musical orgasim

Inglourious Basterd

micky said:
Speaking of metallica live whos heard them do a fantastic version of One with a full orchestra behind them.
Thats just musical orgasim
Yea man I was it it TV some time ago...brilliant.

Loved Metalica (espiesialy the black album)....

But, got thrashed soooooooooooo much at parties, clubs, radio etc, etc...

I sorta got sick of them :roll:

(Not meaning I dont like them anymore)

Oh yea, forgot to add that my son knows a lot of their numbers on guitar (i know a few)
we jamed metalica quite a bit....got a bit much tbh.