• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

ET Fun hours.. ORGANISED :)

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
Ok.. so I realise that sometimes its worth having a bunch of crazy stuff happening for the good of man kind on ET.. then I was chatting about how I used to admin abuse throw knifes... then it changed to why not have a throw knife hour. Where its a long long map, everyone gets 50 throw knives with fast throw and high damage, maybe a tad bit of gravity lowness and big teams either side. :):). It would be like sword fights... both teams run to the middle... and then slaughter their opponents :)

Let me know a good time for this.. Im thinking on a Friday night 7-9pm, Bed time is 9 for me so I don't want to miss out XD

Kind Regards, BR

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
Well.. I figured still make it somewhat competitive so you have to run around and pick up a other nubs failed trow knives. Make for an excellent slaughtering.

SkankyMoe

-OZ-Black Racoon said:
Well.. I figured still make it somewhat competitive so you have to run around and pick up a other nubs failed trow knives. Make for an excellent slaughtering.
I got the perfect map for it too aye, PACMAN its orsum, I can taste the tears now, Hmm num nums :lol:

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
-OZ-SkankyMoe said:
[quote="-OZ-Black Racoon":136wxowr]Well.. I figured still make it somewhat competitive so you have to run around and pick up a other nubs failed trow knives. Make for an excellent slaughtering.
I got the perfect map for it too aye, PACMAN its orsum, I can taste the tears now, Hmm num nums :lol:[/quote:136wxowr]

Lol pacman, excellent :). Is there any maps which count kills? so we could set the map time for an hour and then be able to see which team has more kills on a scoreboard or anything like that.. I'm sure there would have to be at least one.

nelots

-OZ-SkankyMoe said:
How can 8:30/9pm be bed time when adult channel doesnt start until 11pm :lol:
Sadly I don't have the adult channel :S then again I've got skanks on tap :p

P.S - screw Pacman, throw in the chicken bucket map and lowers knife count to 10!!!

Rainbow1

I was on with Skanky a few nights ago just chatting on vent and just having 1v1 duels etc.

Skank came up with a thought that we could just create 2 separate clients, 1 for normal gameplay, and 1 for fun stuff; like Pacmans, Knifes Only, Sniper Maps, Panzer Wars, Et Headshot maps / Duel maps etc.

Then you can just load the client at a certain time of the week, and have the players vote the map they would like to play...

I do know that this has worked before on other servers, the old PTGN server for Melbourne would have sniper maps and baserace at 9:30pm on friday night.

(Although sniper maps and baserace are more common now :p)

Just a suggestion,
<3 rainy

Death_Reincarnated

Sounds interesting :)

Why not have a TDM (team death match) scenario with each person starting with say 20 lives. Can you just imagine the mayhem of people with 1-2 lives left and trying to hide or run around like headless chickens? LOL

RyAn.

This would be awesome!

only problem is that 08:00pm is quite late for Nz'ers 10:00pm for us :(

could we lower the time abit pls!!! XD
I dont want to miss out

SkankyMoe

Guess we gota take in to consideration 4 times zones, Perhaps once we work out what settings & maps would be used we could hold a vote to select the time.

Time Zones im thinking that need to be considered are as follows based on server !time

Western Australia = 2 Hours Behind / Example Server Time = 3pm

New South Wales = Day Light Savings (Server Location - !Time) / Example Server Time = 4pm

Queensland = 1 Hour Behind / Example Server Time = 5pm

New Zealand = 2 Hours Ahead / Example Server Time = 6pm

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
Death_Reincarnated said:
Sounds interesting :)

Why not have a TDM (team death match) scenario with each person starting with say 20 lives. Can you just imagine the mayhem of people with 1-2 lives left and trying to hide or run around like headless chickens? LOL
I love that idea... so how does max lives work in ET, never done it actually.. is it just as soon as one team loses all their lives they are out?, what about new comers?. I reckon we lock teams per starting each round :) to make it fair in that case. Love the lives idea. All knives sounds good, getting interesting so far.

nelots

-OZ-Black Racoon said:
so how does max lives work in ET, never done it actually.. is it just as soon as one team loses all their lives they are out?, what about new comers?. I reckon we lock teams per starting each round :) to make it fair in that case. Love the lives idea. All knives sounds good, getting interesting so far.
It's stupid, makes the game a bit like CS and yes first team to lose all their lives are out.
You'll need to reconfigure the server and load up Last Man Standing(LMS) mod for it too. The worst thing about LMS is if you are left with 2 players and they drag the game on until the last seconds. You are better off running a timed map with unlimited lives that way new comers can join up without any hassles.