• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Feedback for new mods

bonza

Hey oz creeps

Just giving you some feedback on the server.

Antilag: Best thing ever. It's great knowing that where i point my gun is where my bullet's hit, rather than the game ending up like CS or the Matrix where you empty clips and hit nothing but air, or maybe i'm just crap lol.

Team goomba: I can see the reason to have it, but it just doesn't work well. When leaving a spawn, the last thing you think about is landing on your teammates head and squishing him. I can't speak for others but i have been accidently tk and dished out my fair share of tk from teammates just happening to run where i'm jumping or going down ladders.

Fraggle: She is great but don't get her to tell jokes.

Map rotation: Love it, perhaps you could increase the number of maps and change the ones currently avaliable. This idea works so well because if you're cheeky like me you can make people angry by voting against their particular choices.

That is all for now

love always
bonza

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
bonza said:
Fraggle: She is great but don't get her to tell jokes.
BAHAHAHAHA!

Also, I like team goombas because they increase my lol levels.

You just have to get creative with them. Especially on teammates that have gone afk. It shows them you care.

I understand that accidents can happen when you are bunnyhopping all over the place, bit its worth it IMHO.

Trigger Happy

If you're in the loling mood then sure its fun for a bit. Team goombas to me are like party panzers, fun for a bit but then it gets old, so it is good only in small doses.
We could put it to a poll to see who prefers it on or off, I know personally I have heard a lot of QQ from people about it being on (myself included).
I think if we go down the team goomba route, we should put on team mine damage too to keep in the spirit of death by teammates.
:banana: <--- Dancing for the removal of team goomba

Cheers

phatbass

yeh team goombah has to go its like crabs funny when it happens to someone else but not cool when you get it

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, I know that it annoys more ppl than not.

Just remember, if noob does it to you - its done out of love. I was positively tapdancing on FuzziWuzzi's helmet the other day - wait, that sounds a little bit ghey doesnt it?

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
-OZ-Overmars said:
Team goomba is now off, will be off next server restart.
Well good job I got in and tk'd the cr@p out of my teamies on the weekend :lol:

At this point of this thread I think we need a banana. :banana:

Frogma

Well I cannot believe what I saw tonight!! I just went on the server to try and play a team based game and to my absolute horror there was a teammate who went out of his way to disrupt me. See my demo. What he did was try to get under me as I tryed to jump on things so that he could file and kick me. Please ban this troublemaker as he is bring ET into disrepute.

Attachments

Trigger Happy

Frogma said:
Well I cannot believe what I saw tonight!! I just went on the server to try and play a team based game and to my absolute horror there was a teammate who went out of his way to disrupt me. See my demo. What he did was try to get under me as I tryed to jump on things so that he could file and kick me. Please ban this troublemaker as he is bring ET into disrepute.
I lol'd.

Cheers

Joke :D

Frogma said:
This whole thing was hilarious, keep team goombah just for Frog.

i0nwr1t3r

Seen demo , so you were kobe luther king the serial TK'er I kicked?

Also passed several callvotes to kick a TK'er using multiple aliases.

Toad , flogma , field mouse , jonny sixpence

I wouldn't be proud of multiple intentonal TK'ing this evening frog.

Frogma said:
tonight: teammates will die.
That's premeditation if ever I saw it....rofl

TK'ing players in TS...lol

Frogma

Hmm, it happened so long ago my memory is vague, but I seem to recall a few accidental jumps where my head went that way and my legs went this way and I somehow managed to land on a couple of team mates. Even after vigorously apologising to them, they misconstrued it as an intentional tk and had it in for me. I was certainly the victim of the nights affairs, all through a series of unfortunate events.

However the demo I provided is clear proof that Fireman_DJ is a bad egg.

Hicksy

Frogma said:
Even after vigorously apologising to them, they misconstrued it as an intentional tk and had it in for me.
i lolled @ this point.
Frogma said:
I was certainly the victim of the nights affairs,
hhahahaha i fully cracked up @ this one tho hahaha

standard is slowly climbing again frog...slowly hehe

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your standard has certainly slipped ribbit-boy. Your posts are now getting better but not up to the standard you set in the OGN and PTGN days - lift your act!

And I was spec on you as you well know when all this happened so meh as far as I am concerned lol.